Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Would 'n it be nice...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Would 'n it be nice...

well that stuff is easy to place an extra few thousdand on the price over what it cost to make. And it's too simple to throw in a screen and load it up with features and throw it on the market instead of paying the engineers to make quality and spending money on the most quality exotic materials. That's money that could be in someone's pocket. Feeding someone's family, providing clothes and transportation. Hey, somebody's have to pay for thier daughter's CLK.

But I se what ya saying. If I wanted to drive a computer, I'd hook a steering wheel to my desk top and it will feel like some of them new cars on the road. Add voice command, hey, I have a BMW. Now only if I could get it to start.

Old 06-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

twin-turbo diesel
Bring back the good old days...and 30+ Mpg!

Old 06-04-2006, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

I thought the SLK was the small luxury car...?

Whenever I see a Lexus, I think to myself,"there's another Camry with an "L" on it...."
From behind, it looks like the same chasis. The exhaust pipe dips down near the differential. Looks the same.

Whenever I see an Infinity, I think, " It must be less than five years old, because its NOT in the junkyard." As offensive as that sounds, I don't mean to be rude. It's just that I don't know anyone who is interested in restoring them, when they get old. Its as if they are a disposable luxury car.

And for the final stab, It is my belief that people driving other cars, are thinking, " I wish I had bought the Mercedes."

I apologize if anyone was offended. I just can't keep my mouth shut. I think Mercedes is the very best car company in the world, and every year they do things that make me love them even more.

Blue

Old 06-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BlueSilver

Mine is great! It's just missing the 40mpg.

Old 06-04-2006, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

The only Lexus I would by would be there RX, LS430, or IS because in as u know in America they don't offer the Toyota version.
I like Infinitys but not enough to buy one except the 03-04 M45 cause i really like the body style of those years.

I think Mercedes is the very best car company in the world, and every year they do things that make me love them even more.
I used to agree with that statement but know with some of the problems and cost and bottom line profit being the final deciding factor for them i can no longer say it "every year they do things that make me love them even more" for me that love needs to bechanged to dislike. Which is sad because I am there future customer base and if they lose me at age 21 how many others will they lose? I guess they have me though for buying the parts for my old ones to keep them running though on those it dont take alot to keep'em goin.

Old 06-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

Whenever I see a Lexus, I think to myself,"there's another Camry with an "L" on it...."
From behind, it looks like the same chasis. The exhaust pipe dips down near the differential. Looks the same.

Whenever I see an Infinity, I think, " It must be less than five years old, because its NOT in the junkyard." As offensive as that sounds, I don't mean to be rude. It's just that I don't know anyone who is interested in restoring them, when they get old. Its as if they are a disposable luxury car.

And for the final stab, It is my belief that people driving other cars, are thinking, " I wish I had bought the Mercedes."

I apologize if anyone was offended. I just can't keep my mouth shut. I think Mercedes is the very best car company in the world, and every year they do things that make me love them even more.

Blue
Well I know people with Acura wish they should've bought a Mercedes. I know people with Lexus wish they bought a Mercedes or they had both and traded the Lexus for another Mercedes. I know people with infinitis kicking themselves because they said they should of bought a Mercedes. I know people with Lincolns and Cadillacs saying they should of bought a Mercedes. I know people with Fords that say they wish they could buy a Mercedes and so on. But I never heard people say they should've bought a Camry or a Lexus, or Acura after buying a Mercedes.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

We obviously don't share the same company. I have talked to people that have owned both Lexus and Mercedes and its about 50/50 on the i should have got another Lexus or I should have got another Mercedes I think its more of what the individual likes\dislikes. I always plan to have at least one Mercedes (300SDL) but i would also like to try out a BMW and a Corvette also. This is why i need alot of garge space.

Old 06-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

A BMW/Benz combo is one of the best combos that you can have.