Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Why join the military when they're pansies?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Why join the military when they're pansies?

Damn Strait!!!!!!![sm=shootshoot.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 09-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

That's a good point. Being politicially correct and having war don't mix. Trying to be a friend and killing your "friend". It doesn't work until one side favors. Hopefully China won't become that way and let those next door slobs take them down.

Old 09-14-2006, 08:07 PM

I tell you what, should China get pissed off enough to do anything, a LOT of people are going to be in hurtin' status!

Old 09-14-2006, 10:43 PM

I wonder how many americans will be killed because we didn't bomb that group. They are free to do whatever damage they want so we don't hurt a graveyard.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, a graveyard.

I do believe that besides the terrorist hiding in it, the people of the graveyard are already dead, last time I checked.
I mean get serious. We already bombed Mosques a few times and raided homes because of terrorist hiding in it and such and we caught flack, yeah, but still did what we had to do. And then we come across a graveyard and all of a sudden it's improper to bomb dead people? Sure we will catch flack about it, but then again, we are catching flack about most of our operations.

Old 09-22-2006, 01:39 PM

I retired after 24 years in the USAF. Most of my career was on flying status. My only major war was with the 19th Air Commando's in Vietnam. My additional duty was in intelligence. ( I know, it's traditional to say, "What an oxymoron that is! ) But that aside, I lost too many comrades to let the pansy remark go. At the same time, I sympathize with your frustration. Still, many of the big shots at that cemetery were probably protected by big oil. Since big oil owns most of our politicians, particularly the present administration, the USA gives the bin Ladens of the world special treatment. After all, it was a member of the bin Laden family who bailed out Dubya when his first oil venture failed. But I digress.

It seems to me since the USA is the only super power on the planet, that we either learn to share the loot/control of oil, with the rest of the governments of the industrialized world, or continued to try to essentially go it alone... I mean, let's face it. If you believe we left Afghanistan before it was finished, let bin Laden escape at Tora Bora, and invaded Iraq for any other reason than to control the middle east resources, then you haven't been keeping up.

Iraq is a huge geo political lever, not only because 90% of its oil has yet to be surveyed and which may very well prove to contain the largest oil deposits in the world, but Irag also essentially controls the Tigress and Eurphrates rivers, which is the sources of all Middle eastern water... Because of a variety of factors, in the very near future fresh water will be even more expensive than oil.

Now that the neo nuts, pie in the sky, visions of the ME, via Iraq, becoming corporate heaven have turned into a bloody nightmare in the form of an increasingly destablized ME, the US military is left holding the dirty end of the stick. It's as though the present adminsitration has deliberately created a vacuum in the ME. If the USA pulls out now, that vacuum will be filled either by NATO, Russia, or China, or allow it to fall under the protection of Iran. Personally I prefer sharing the power with NATO, but either way, the USA will most probably occupy Iraq and other parts of the ME as long as the industrialized world depends upon controlling their oil.

The other scenerio would be to pull all US troops out of Iraq, put them back into Afghanistan, stablilzed it, and then actually finish the job of hunting down those who attacked us. Since Europe is even more dependent on ME than the US is, I'll be very surprised if Europe doesn't immediately get its act together and get behind a NATO occupation of Irag. They don't want Iran to become the super power of the ME any more than we, or any other nation does. If those actions causes oil shortages in the USA, so be it. We are resourceful enough to rapidly develop alternative fuels. Such a scenerio may even create more jobs and a booming economy... And it certainly it would do wonders for our increasingly demoralized soldiers who are not even close to being frigging pansys!