Shows & Clubs Know of a show that you can bring your Mercedes too? Post it! Have a car club for Mercedes? Tell us

any other military mb owners?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 02:54 AM
Default any other military mb owners?

Any other U.S. Military MB owners out there? Give me you location and car model. Me? Fort Huachuca, AZ, 1995 C280.

Old 01-20-2006, 03:29 AM
Default RE: any other military mb owners?

E-5/USAF
San Antonio, TX
2006 CLK-350

Old 01-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

E-4
Landstuhl Germany
1989 Mercedes 560SEL

Old 01-26-2006, 07:53 PM

Damn Filip, an 2006 CLK350? What kind of bonus did they give you? Haha. United States Marine Corps Sergeant here. 2006 C230, Alabaster white w/ Ash interior. Inspector-Instructor Staff, Motor Transport Company in Providence, RI.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:24 AM

ORIGINAL: BensBenz

Damn Filip, an 2006 CLK350? What kind of bonus did they give you? Haha. United States Marine Corps Sergeant here. 2006 C230, Alabaster white w/ Ash interior. Inspector-Instructor Staff, Motor Transport Company in Providence, RI.
I lease. That's my secret [8D]

As you can see by my sig, I've been upgrading during last 2 years And yeah, in my carier field I can get a nice ($60-65K) bonus, but I'm gonna skip on that and get out (Nov 2006). Eight years was enough (our promotion rate is not as high as other services).

Old 01-29-2006, 04:35 AM

Well if you can get that much of a bonus for your MOS, I'm sure you can get a lot more in the civilian world. But I guess it depends on your situation. Like I know some Naval doctors and dentists that joined the military to pay off their school loans and then eventually get out so they can start their own practice, but you get the point. I always said though, that it is unfair that a civilian doing almost nothing (even working at the MWR) can make $80,000 a year and stay on base in the combat zone while a lowly E-2 or E-3 that is kicking down doors and risking his life everyday barely makes $30,000. I don't know if I worded that right, but it is late as hell over here and I need to hit the rack. Haha.

Old 01-29-2006, 05:07 AM

ORIGINAL: BensBenz

Well if you can get that much of a bonus for your MOS, I'm sure you can get a lot more in the civilian world. But I guess it depends on your situation. Like I know some Naval doctors and dentists that joined the military to pay off their school loans and then eventually get out so they can start their own practice, but you get the point. I always said though, that it is unfair that a civilian doing almost nothing (even working at the MWR) can make $80,000 a year and stay on base in the combat zone while a lowly E-2 or E-3 that is kicking down doors and risking his life everyday barely makes $30,000. I don't know if I worded that right, but it is late as hell over here and I need to hit the rack. Haha.
Well, I can agree with you on the low-paying job aspect... but there's a key word "Volunteer", that comes into play.

When I was an E-1 and E-2, etc. and didn't make enough money, I complained. But the thing was that I volunteered to join and sign that contract. It's just something I chose, over the possibility of maybe someday being that civilian, working in the MWR and making $80,000, while poor low-ranking guys are actually fighting.

Choices we make, determine our life paths... And that is why I'm getting the hell out, unless my plans fall through and I stay in, for some reason. It's gonna be hard dropping all the benefits and going into the "unknown".

Oh, and my AFSC (AF Specialty Code) is the equivalent of USMC's MOS #2675

Old 02-01-2006, 10:49 AM

A soldier and I were talking about our MBs the other day. I'm driving a 7 yr. old C280, and he's driving an '06 C230. I asked him how he can afford a new MB on a soldiers salary? His answer, "It's my "War Baby". Two tours in Iraq. I wondered if I would have plunked that money into a car, but then again, that's me. Beautiful car.

I work at Ft. Lewis, WA. as a teacher in the GT improvement program. My job is to help soldiers improve their GT scores, which in turn, opens up the possibility of an MOS change.

Old 02-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

But come to think of it, don't most people basically choose their jobs? Some places even have unions to help them out. Plus I don't come across many people, (from the fast food resturants to the high paid CEOs), that say that they are so happy with the pay and or job that they have no desire to make more. Sometimes that's the reason that even high executives rip off their own company to add to their pockets. I know we signed up and raised our hands but if no one complained, we would still be making way less and living in tents. Complaining has it's uses. In fact if no one ever complained, this world would still be cavemanish. If someone never complained about having to drive way across the land to talk to someone or mail a letter that takes forever to arrive, the telephone wouldn't exist nor would all this snazzy communication devices. In fact, this forum wouldn't exist, the Mercedes would never exist, unless you call a horse Mercedes.

I have a lot of friends that come from over seas and alot of them buy nice (very nice) cars. In a way, I can see why. After being in a rough place some of them just want something nice. A house is basically out of question since most lower enlisted soldier's are not allowed to live off post or even into contract agreements without letting the housing office know, that in turn run it over right fast with the Commander. A few put it into savings and leave it there. Most of them that i know don't bother too much with a bunch of jewerly since it can't be worn in uniform anyways. But the army does not provide transportation and if you are going to buy a car and have the money why not get a car that you want. You work hard for the money and why not spend it on something nice.? If you want a brand new CLK why settle for a Honda if you can afford it.

Old 02-02-2006, 12:03 PM

You work hard for the money and why not spend it on something nice.?
I suppose-as long as we can make the monthy payment and not take food out of our families mouths.
It is true that we need to reward ourselves ever once and a while. I mean, what's the point of going through life, being so financially disiplined, saving it for our old age, etc. , only to find that when we get that old, we don't enjoy much but cream of wheat and having a good bowel movement.
[sm=smiley16.gif]

Quick Reply: any other military mb owners?