Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Weird foods?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Default RE: Weird foods?

i don't know, you gotta be a pregnant woman. how do some women come up with pickles and icecream?

Old 04-19-2006, 11:14 PM

i don't know...
You can make up a story. We'd never know.

You could say you were trying to come up with a new recipe for your husband. Like Lisa used to say on Green Acres, "The way to a man's heartburn is through his stomach."

Here's another. You and two of your kids were at the table eating snacks. One kid had melted Peppermint Patties and the other had Nacho Cheese Doritos. They started getting unruly and began yelling at each other so you slapped each on the back of their head at the same time. Their snacks flew out of their hands, into the air and landed on your plate. First the Doritos and then the patties on top. You ate it because you're not wasteful.

Voila. Use either story if you want. No charge.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:25 PM

LOL

or, it was a hot summer day, i was having a picinic on our deck while eating doritos and peppermint patties. i set the pattie on top of the doritos and went to answer the phone. when i came back, the hot sun had melted the pattie all over my doritos. since that was the last of the bag and i really wanted the doritos, i ate them anyways. they tasted good and i eat them that way from now on.

i don't like to lie to people.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:51 AM

Oh, yeah. I can see how that could happen. It's totally logical. I believe it.

Old 04-20-2006, 02:00 AM

ORIGINAL: mbz300sdl

When i was in middle school i liked there chocolate chip cookies in nacho cheese.
Okay. I can't believe I let this one go by without comment.

A school lunch room did this? And fed it to the kids? This is pregnant-lady food, not school lunch food. Was one of the cooks pregnant?

Or was this a mixture that you kids came up with so you'd get sick and get out of school?

Old 04-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

ORIGINAL: mbz300sdl

When i was in middle school i liked there chocolate chip cookies in nacho cheese.
Okay. I can't believe I let this one go by without comment.

A school lunch room did this? And fed it to the kids? This is pregnant-lady food, not school lunch food. Was one of the cooks pregnant?

Or was this a mixture that you kids came up with so you'd get sick and get out of school?
Hey someone thought it may taste good and turned out it did. Us students came up with it but it was not a plan to get sick or anything.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:18 AM

What was some of the stuff you kids came up with that didn't taste good?

Old 04-21-2006, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator

I dont remember what else we came up with in middle school but when i was in 2nd grade i found out that dipping rice crispy treats in grape or orange soda makes them taste even better than they do anyway.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:12 AM

Something really gross I ate just last year when I was pregnant was...

Flour tortilla with peanutbutter spread on it and onion peels from Applebees wrapped in it and then dip it in their sauce (horseraddish based) and then have a ice cold glass of milk to wash it down.

Old 04-21-2006, 09:42 PM

Hmm...I like Duck. But that's not a weird food.

I dip my French Fries in Ranch Dressing.

I dip my Pizza in Ranch Dressing. (Creamy Ranch ONLY.)

I use ketchup on my eggs. (A lot of people do, but a lot of others find it odd/disgusting.)

And, almost everyone finds this strange, but it's the only way I'll eat it. I use ketchup on my steak. Most of my ex's refused to take me out for steak dinner because I put ketchup on it. I don't see what the big deal is. It's like them putting A1 or Worchestershire Sauce on their steak.

Quick Reply: Weird foods?