Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Weird foods?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator
Default Weird foods?

A lot of people i know give me s*** cause I like pickled eggs and pickled beets.

So, it made me wonder what other types of weird or different foods that u guys like or get flak from other for eatting.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:25 PM
Default RE: Weird foods?

Pickled eggs isn't weird food. They stink, but they aren't weird food. Do you fart a lot? Beets are weird food, pickled or not.

Every beer bar in Utah where I grew up had a huge jar of ugly-looking pickled eggs sitting on the bar. I've never tried one, though. Those jars turned me off. They looked like those specimen jars you see in a science lab. You know, the ones with a human finger or something like that in them?

I like pickled water buffalo. Now, that's weird food. Wait until sleepwalker gets on here. I think he eats foods that are still breathing.

Is shashimi (raw fish) considered weird? It's so normal to me, so I dunno. A lot of people incorrectly call it sushi. Sushi isn't raw fish.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

well, i like mixed sweet pickles but mostly dill with onion buds, mild cauliflower, and garlic. only as appetizer whenever i eat dull dinner.

pickled beets are very common in china. they are sold in the market by kilos for these chinkies eat them raw or add them to their cooking. as an appetizer or side dish, they mix it with raw seaweed, pickled radish, jellyfish, etc.
i eat them once mixed with scrambled egges when i was invited to eat lunch in one of those countryside home. i can barely swallow it, but pretended to like it. it was crispy but the pungent vinegar taste makes my tummy churn.

i eat strange food once in a while, but only out of curiousity.

last week i order chicken rice and they gave me rice with frog instead. they told me it's not frog but a different kind of frog. what the heck!, it's still a frog to me..kokkak.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

I also like fried chicken livers any comments on that one?

Old 04-11-2006, 10:57 AM

Yeah, I have one (Surprised?). When you cut open a chicken and stuff falls out of it, you're supposed to throw that stuff away. I hate 'em, but they aren't what I consider weird food. They're really popular in the South and not uncommon elsewhere.

Old 04-11-2006, 11:13 AM

Oh! I've slid some White Castles. Those are weird food, no?

I've tried snails (escargot) in a restaurant. They weren't bad, but they weren't good either. I won't waste money on them again.

I've had a cricket that was embedded in a lollipop.

I've always thought chicken embryos to be weird food. I eat those.

I've eaten fish eggs (Russian sturgeon). It's weird food to me. Too expensive and salty for me, though.

Old 04-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

fish eggs (Russian sturgeon)
was that they call caviar? i have seen canned ones but never tasted it.

Old 04-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

My cat won't even eat those.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:27 PM

Yep, caviar. I've only seen it in cans. I don't understand why people think it's so good. I think it's a follow-the-sheep mentality. It's gourmet, ya know? I'd rather have a cheeseburger.

Old 04-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

pickled beets
Pickled beets are awesome, I get that stuff when we eat in at asian restraunts.

People give me biff when I dip my fries into honey mustard. I don't see a problem...?

Quick Reply: Weird foods?