Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Sarasota Mercedes Benz - Terrible Service!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Thumbs down Sarasota Mercedes Benz - Terrible Service!

I have never encountered such shocking, terrible customer service as I have at this dealership. I've owned Mercedes cars for years. But yet the customer service, the arrogance, the sheer disgusting behavior of Joe Coldic and Hugh Peoples is beyond description. They are unprofessional, discourteous, and nearly gangster like.

I indeed warn you to STAY AWAY from this awful dealership for service. They are personally destroying the Mercedes brand. . They made me feel like scum off their shoes. I own 2 Mercedes and I would never ever go to them again, even if I have to personally drag my cars to Germany on my back.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Default Find a new place to work on your sled... fast!

Sir,
I grew up in Sarasota and have moved back there 6 times since I left the first time. I now have lived in VA for two years. The dealership that you speak of also pissed me off more than once. They treated my high mileage 1998 E320 with disdain. The "courtesy check" was total bull**** and the free car wash was "broken" so they didn't wash my car after getting a recall fixed even though I saw a gorgeous 500 SEL roll up dripping wet right after my car was brought around. They didn't want to pull my service history because they were too busy and the parts department laughed at me when I asked for a brake stoplamp switch. They asked if I seriously was going to do the work myself. Screw them!

Years ago... maybe 1995... my stepfather had a mid life crisis. He came home from work one day in a drop dead gorgeous V12 convertible Jag. Azure blue with white interior. Amazing. Some bit of time later I learned that he went to the Sarasota MB dealer that very day to look at the SL convertibles. He said that they treated him as if he was a dirtbag. Funny considering my stepfather is a very wealthy investment banker who hardly looks like a dirtbag.

I feel for you man. Screw them. I used to get my MB services at German Cars of Sarasota in the north end of town. It's cheaper than the dealer but still more than most other import shops. They do excellent work. I recommend them. Another place that I highly recommend is in the southern part of town. I can't recall the name but it's off of Clark Road, near McIntosh. The place services high end Euro cars and they do a phenomenal job at a great price. The mechanics all speak German and love soccer. A great sign if you want to get your MB serviced.

Good luck.