Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Dream Car, but terrible sales experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Default My Dream Car, but terrible sales experience

Just purchased my 2nd dream car (1st was 300z), 99' E320, white. The car is in excellent shape, except for a catalyic converter that had to be replaced after I noticed the noise. I believe the salesperson knew about it, but didn't think I'd realize it being a woman. Anyways, I have a couple of questions.

1. I bought a smart key from Ebay and afterwards realized that the mercedes dealership won't reprogram them. Is there anyone that will reprogram the smart keys.. actually all I need is the remote part of it.

2. Is it possible to add a NAV to a 99' (fiber optic) as if it looked manufactured from the mercedes dealership?

3. I also had a new CD changer put it, but when I hit bumps, it skips. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Old 08-09-2004, 01:06 AM
Default RE: My Dream Car, but terrible sales experience

You might be able to reprogram the keys at a place that sells and installs them, like a car alarm store that you could probably look up in the phonebook.

As far as the CD changer, there is probably a rod or something similar protruding from the back of it to help stabalize the player. Most likely, there was no place to attach the back of the CD player to anything in your dash to help for stabalization. I had a similar problem, and helped the situation slightly by wedging pieces of cardboard or similar underneath the player. Basically anything you can do to help hold the player in position, so the rear end of it isn't bouncing around when you hit bumps. Otherwise, you should just buy a new player with better anti-skip protection.