Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

reckless driving

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Default RE: reckless driving

1 day in jail???? in Fairfax County?? What is up with this place? I moved here a year ago from Texas....I live in fairfax county. For the privilege of having my '04 sl55 in the county, I get to pay them about $5k a year (property tax)...that's about $450 a month just to have the car here - unbelievable.

If most of the cars I see in this area live in the county, the county has to be making millions....there are more high end cars concentrated in one place than I've ever seen.

I have never heard of someone being put in jail for speeding....and you know, being from Texas, we are tough on the criminal element - but speeding? Come on...

Old 05-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

$450/month? [sm=yikesomg.gif]

then you will sleep in jail [sm=lockeddance.gif] for a night for speeding. i can't afford it.

with the $1500+ fine money... i will get myself a good radar detector instead.[sm=imsmilin.gif]

Old 05-03-2005, 09:44 PM

I got my ticket down here in Chesapeake, I was two mph under what is considered reckless. That 2 mph was all there was between me and jail, even before I got to court!

Old 05-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

[sm=burnout.gif] it is then really good to get the radar detector.

newer versions can now detect many bands and very cheap...$100 for good quality and $200 for the one with 400 meters range on highway.

i always put one on my pocket everytime i do the road test.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:57 PM

I had a private lawyer.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:59 PM

It is a bad thing having a SL55 in a place like Fairfax where everything is unbeleivably strict. Be very careful with the pedal

Old 05-06-2005, 12:54 AM

There's no property tax in MD. If you have a lot of expensive toys you want to live there instead.

They still get you in the end (literally your ***), though. They have "local" taxes that are like an income tax that VA doesn't have.

There's a consolation that isn't much of a consolation. The VA property taxes are based on the items value. Every year, the value normally decreases. Also, there have been movements in the recent past where efforts were made to eliminate VA property taxes. I would have thought they were passed by now, but you know how much politicians like giving up the gravy train.

Old 05-06-2005, 01:03 AM

I have just one idea VA especially Fairfax sucks

Old 05-07-2005, 11:47 PM

Couple notes of interest. Yes Fairfax County is making millions. It is (was?) the 3rd richest county in the nation. And yes the property tax sucks, but it was a lot worse, before the property tax roll back went into effect. Radar detectors are against the law in all of VA, so that will really get you in trouble if you do get caught speeding and you have a detector insalled.

Old 05-10-2005, 12:38 AM

i guess the strict rules are made to protect the lives of the millionaires living in Fairfax, maybe they will get hit by a MB going 100 mph.

Quick Reply: reckless driving