Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

New Grand Canyon Walkway

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Default RE: New Grand Canyon Walkway

That's true. Besides, he wouldn't want people underneath him looking up his skirt, or whatever he calls that brown, flowing, girlish garment.

Couldn't the Japanese do it more than once? I mean, with the airbags they should be able to survive.

Old 08-28-2005, 05:24 PM

Back in 74 when I was there. the north rim was the place to go for seclusion, as not too many tourist when there and the accomadation were few. However the Ponderosa forest you speak of, as I remember is part of the Native American reservation land that they are now commercializing. too bad, it was a beautiful spot. The drive up from Flaggstaff, is mostly desert, except when you get to the "Little Grand Canyon" and much smaller version, then you drive into the Ponderosa forest and when you first drive into Grand Canyon National Park, my jaw dropped, as the photo someone posted, it is one of God's great creations.

Old 08-30-2005, 12:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

Wow. A bl***t from the past. I thought you fell down and died.
Sorry, I tripped over my cape but it wasn't fatal. Didn't mean to interrupt a fascist convention.

Old 08-30-2005, 12:50 AM

ORIGINAL: sleepwalker

Lugnut, never under estimate our caped crusader. he can leap that canyon flash gordon style. it's a feat that any person can only do once.
Yeah, but you got me beat -- you can do it in your sleep.

Old 08-30-2005, 12:52 AM

ORIGINAL: BikerDrew

It looks like The Grand Canyon got a diving board. It would seem we have two kinds of Americans. Those PROUD to be, and those NOT.
Yeah, don't mind me -- I'm just an a$$hole who objects to mass-murder. Fitting avatar, BTW. Don't let the cheers fade when Iraq breaks into a civil war now...

Old 08-30-2005, 12:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

Yeah, I don't know why Ali-G-spot would want to send George Washington out there to test it. He's definitely an anti-American screecher reminiscent of Howard Dean and Cindy Sheehan rammed into a mayonnaise jar with the lid off.
And yo mama's a bullfrog. But don't croak on my account.

Old 08-30-2005, 01:10 AM

ORIGINAL: C280 wizard

Back in 74 when I was there. the north rim was the place to go for seclusion, as not too many tourist when there and the accomadation were few. However the Ponderosa forest you speak of, as I remember is part of the Native American reservation land that they are now commercializing. too bad, it was a beautiful spot. The drive up from Flaggstaff, is mostly desert, except when you get to the "Little Grand Canyon" and much smaller version, then you drive into the Ponderosa forest and when you first drive into Grand Canyon National Park, my jaw dropped, as the photo someone posted, it is one of God's great creations.
It's called the Tonto National Forest, and it extends from (roughly) Payson, AZ to Prescott, extending as far north as the Flagstaff area. There is some building in the Flagstaff area, but the vast majority of the Ponderosa Pine stand is still untouched and will remain so. I spend a lot of time in those woods, though I avoid the touristy areas like Flagstaff.

Old 08-30-2005, 02:06 AM

ORIGINAL: C280 wizard

The Navajo, it is disgusting what this country did to the native americans , remember wounded knee, worse then the present slaughter in Iraq and for the same reasons, the white man is superior and wanted the land, in Iraq we want the oil, not democracy or Saddam, it is the OIL, the USA Gov. after all these years hasn't learned their lesson yet.

I just hope us American don't screw the rest of the Canyon.
It's nice to see at least one sharp pencil in the box. Last I saw, support for this disgraceful invasion was sitting at about 30%. I'm surprised it's still that high, but it won't be for long...

Old 08-30-2005, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

aha! that avatar is better now.

i was just kidding about that luke sandwalker.

Old 08-30-2005, 02:54 AM

ORIGINAL: sleepwalker

aha! that avatar is better now.

i was just kidding about that luke sandwalker.

Well I figure you have to scream pretty loud around here to be heard over lungnut.

Quick Reply: New Grand Canyon Walkway