Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

New Grand Canyon Walkway

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 01:20 AM
Default New Grand Canyon Walkway

Would you walk out on this thing?

Okay, would you walk out on it with 119 other people at the same time?

Grand Canyon Walkway

Old 08-27-2005, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New Grand Canyon Walkway

it's a mouth watering place for bungee jumper and hang gliders.

they cannot build that in japan without an airbag at the bottom.

Old 08-27-2005, 06:38 PM

I visited the Grand Canyon many years ago, and a walkway like this would be a very nice added way to see the canyon. Where these Native Americans live, was at the time, barely excessable, it lies to the west of the Grand Canyon Lodge, if anyone has ever been out their. I was told at the time, that some of the best scenery in the Canyon was out their. bu the Native Americans, at the time didn't want tourist. I guess, money talks, noboby walks, type thing as they are now opening up the reservation to us. As I remember most of the canyon lies within the reservation and the government did that domain thing to open the National Park many moons ago. Now at least these people can make some money. From Flagstaff, Az to the Canyon is probably some of the poorest people in our country live within the route. The Navajo, it is disgusting what this country did to the native americans , remember wounded knee, worse then the present slaughter in Iraq and for the same reasons, the white man is superior and wanted the land, in Iraq we want the oil, not democracy or Saddam, it is the OIL, the USA Gov. after all these years hasn't learned their lesson yet.

I just hope us American don't screw the rest of the Canyon.

Old 08-27-2005, 08:23 PM

Please stay out of politics, thank you.

I used to live in Utah and went to Phoenix to work for three weeks. Three of us decided to go to the Grand Canyon and poke around. There was a company giving airplane tours in small six-passenger prop planes. They weren't busy, so we just walked up and bought tickets.

Back then, it was still okay to fly "into" the canyon. Planes are no longer allowed below the rim. We flew a few hundred feet below the rim. We even flew between two sets of rock spires. It was pretty exciting. I got some unique pics... on regular film. No digital cameras back then.

There are some mountains very near the canyon. It's a National Forest, but I can' remember the name. Anyway, incredibly, it has the largest single stand of Ponderosa pine trees in the USA. You never see any trees when you see pics of the canyon. It's weird. It's actually pretty lush on top.

Old 08-28-2005, 03:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

Would you walk out on this thing?
No problem. Well, I might prefer to send GW out there first to make sure...

Old 08-28-2005, 04:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

Planes are no longer allowed below the rim.
This is the picture I took during my NY 2004 vacation. $100 discount ticket starting at Las Vegas. Have been to the Indian Reservation year before. 20+ mile gravel road cost me flat tire and lot of trouble to find high-speed tires for my off-road Mercedes in Vegas.
Indians have lot of traffic lately. Not too many tourist will take a car there (like I did) but Humvee "bottom of the canyon" trips starting in Vegas are quite popular and the air strip can compete with the LV Strip as well.
Lot of helicopters land on the side of canyon there and you can hike, or take 4WD ride to the bottom.
Coming to the platform. I don't see where is the problem. In Europe they make semi-transparent toilet booths, placing them on the corners of the city streets.
You can see from inside out, but supposable not from outside in. Gets time to use it. About 5 sec for me.

Old 08-28-2005, 10:01 AM

Wow. A bl***t from the past. I thought you fell down and died.

Old 08-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

It looks like The Grand Canyon got a diving board. It would seem we have two kinds of Americans. Those PROUD to be, and those NOT.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:06 PM

Yeah, I don't know why Ali-G-spot would want to send George Washington out there to test it. He's definitely an anti-American screecher reminiscent of Howard Dean and Cindy Sheehan rammed into a mayonnaise jar with the lid off.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Lugnut, never under estimate our caped crusader. he can leap that canyon flash gordon style. it's a feat that any person can only do once.

Quick Reply: New Grand Canyon Walkway