Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Mother Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 11:06 AM
Default Mother Toyota

There's something that doesn't feel right about this. Maybe because it's new? Maybe because the article is too short to give details? I just wonder if applying the brakes is the right thing to do in this situation?

Why does Toyota think a driver has to always look "straight ahead" to drive safely? I was taught to keep my eyes moving by checking the three mirrors, scanning the roadway from side to side, checking the dash gauges, and checking for pretty women hitchhikers that I might want to pick up. Toyota wants to beep, flash a light, and maybe apply the brakes when I do this?

Toyota's back seat driver.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:23 AM
Default RE: Mother Toyota

Holy crap, why would you want that, as lugnut said: now it will be even easier to get snaped out checking out hot girls, as your car will slow down and brake as you look at them and thel look at u cos ur going so slow, haha

We may have to now wear sunglasses to not only trick the woman what were looking at but to also trick our intelligent cars.
damn

and also, at a car crash this will slow down red-necking drivers going past the scene even more..
mwahaha

Old 09-06-2005, 12:03 PM

Isn't that called tunnel vision driving, As you I constantly check my rearview mirrors, and basically drive using a 180 sweep of the road in front of me.

Old 09-06-2005, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Perhaps they could install an electric shock system to make their drivers behave. The last thing I need is my car watching me.

Old 09-07-2005, 02:48 AM

This doesn't look like a good idea at all ! What the hell are those engineers thinking ?

The faster I go, the more I tend to scan the rearview for the good old "California Highway Patrol", with that system the damn car would slow you down!

And I agree, babes tend to freak out on if you start to slow down near them.

Pretty soon they'll take over the driving too.... Which then again, may be a plus.... I can see it now, The car makes you blow into the Breathalyzer and if your too drunk it leans your seat back and drives you home.

Old 09-07-2005, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

japanese can do many weird things.

i will get stiff neck if i won't crack my neck during long driving.

Old 09-07-2005, 03:22 AM

Maybe you could hang some eyeballs on a chain around your neck so it thought they were your eyes. Then you could look around.

Original: SL600_Cruzin

The car makes you blow into the Breathalyzer and if your too drunk it leans your seat back and drives you home.
I could live with that. I'd keep a bottle in the car and take some sips just to get chauffeured home.

Old 09-07-2005, 07:27 AM

Maybe they could do something usefull with the camera and have it scanning for police cars instead!! Now there's a reason to hit the skids.

Old 09-07-2005, 10:00 AM

Excellent idea.

Here's a bad one. Some future version of OBD will probably have an adjustable speed limiter that can be adjusted in realtime. Remote transmitters on the sides of the roads will send speed limit data that are received by each car. Then, the ECU will make an adjustment to the speed limiter so it matches the road's speed limit. No more speeding.

Old 09-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

i got caught once here in the highway even if i slowed down on every cameras. (i got radar detector).

i later found out that it was timed according the start of toll card issue till i exit. i was suppose to do it in 2 hours 15 minutes but i did in 1 hour 45 minutes... they know i was overspeeding! i got 3 points for it.

Quick Reply: Mother Toyota