Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Most Dangerous City

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 07:29 AM
Default RE: Most Dangerous City

I'm surprised Philadelphia wasn't on the list. We WERE the City of Brotherly Love...then they decided it sounded homosexual, so they changed it to "The City That Loves You Back." Anyway, there's a lot of businesses in Camden, mostly on the waterfront...there's a lot of poverty there as well. I got lost there once before, but I asked some dude standing on the corner (more than likely dealing drugs...he looked shady) how to get back to the main road to get into PA. He was nice enough to tell me, and he also told me not to look at anyone while I was driving around there to get back to where I needed to go. I heeded his advice. So, I guess Camden must be THAT horrific if a resident is advising a stranger not to look at anyone on the street because you might get shot for it.

Old 11-22-2005, 10:01 AM

she fought back because the robber said, "dude, give me your money."
When ***** Boy was The Man, I was often heard saying that Albore was cuter than Janet. And no, I'm not gay.

Old 11-22-2005, 10:08 AM

It seems like there would be enough spillage of crime just across the Delaware to at least put Philly on the list somewhere. Criminals won't/can't cross the river for several reasons, I guess.

Old 11-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

scary.

that reminds me of being sorrounded by thugs while trying to navigate a narrow street out.

my 1975 chevrolet nova was in the first gear and ready to floor it if they make the wrong move. i was expecting some messy body parts on the road if they did

Old 11-22-2005, 10:33 AM

i was expecting some messy body parts on the road if they did
That would be making Road Pizza through the art of Road Bowling.

Old 11-25-2005, 06:28 AM

Cops don't mess around in Philly. It's a nice place to live, except for some parts....but of course there's always parts in ANY city that isn't that wonderful. But I am still shocked we weren't anywhere on that list. Ah well...I guess I should feel fortunate that it's not on the list! (Of worst places to live.)

sleepwalker, that story had me rolling with laughter!