Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Most Dangerous City

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 11:17 AM
Default Most Dangerous City

Camden, NJ has captured the dubious honor of being the most dangerous city in America for the second year in a row. What's in Camden anyway, besides a whole lot of criminals? I don't think I've ever been there so it must be an easy place to avoid.

Old 11-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Default RE: Most Dangerous City

Safest Cities:

1. Newton, Mass.

2. Clarkstown, N.Y.

3. Amherst, N.Y.

4. Mission Viejo, Calif.

5. Brick Township, N.J.

6. Troy, Mich.

7. Thousand Oaks, Calif.

8. Round Rock, Texas

9. Lake Forest, Calif.

10. Cary, N.C.

Most Dangerous Cities:

1. Camden, N.J.

2. Detroit

3. St. Louis

4. Flint, Mich.

5. Richmond, Va.

6. Baltimore

7. Atlanta

8. New Orleans

9. Gary, Ind.

10. Birmingham, Ala.

____

Source: Morgan Quitno Press

Old 11-21-2005, 12:47 PM

This is very disappointing. Remember the good old days when Washington, D.C. was the murder capital of the U.S.? Now, they don't even make the list. If this doesn't scream for the return of Marion Barry, I don't know what does.

Old 11-21-2005, 12:49 PM

Is anyone else surprised to see a city in Texas among the ten safest? There must be a local pick-up truck/gun rack shortage.....

Old 11-21-2005, 04:46 PM
Administrator

nice..number two here...

Old 11-21-2005, 07:44 PM

ORIGINAL: GermanStar

This is very disappointing. Remember the good old days when Washington, D.C. was the murder capital of the U.S.? Now, they don't even make the list. If this doesn't scream for the return of Marion Barry, I don't know what does.
Politicians become more and more unethical, murderers needded to find "good neighborhood" by leaving town.

Yeah...I missed the good ol' days where crimes are comitted by small-timers like drunks and bona-fide criminals like Alfonze Capone; nothing fancy like corporations or white house staff.

I remember the good ol days where people gave up their possession to the armed robbers. Now, time has changed. Not too long ago, AG Janet Reno was robbed at gun point, and she fought back? Geee....what are people thinking?

It's tough to be a criminal now; cant imagine being a plain old good person good at heart and soul.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:36 AM

We are 6th. Yeah we rock, every year at least a kid is murdered in my college.

Old 11-22-2005, 02:08 AM

I was living in VA and MD and working in DC when it topped the list. But it didn't feel any different there after it fell off the list.

Original: Marion Barry

If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very, very low crime rate.
Isn't Barry a City Councilman now?

Speaking of Marion Barry, he committed some Barryisms that are worthy of repeating. To wit:

The contagious people of Washington have stood firm against diversity during this long period of increment weather.

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.

Bitch set me up.

I am clearly more popular than Reagan. I am in my third term. Where's Reagan? Gone after two! Defeated by George Bush and Michael Dukakis no less.

The laws in this city are clearly racist. All laws are racist. The law of gravity is racist.

I am making this trip to Africa because Washington is an international city, just like Tokyo, Nigeria or Israel. As mayor, I am an international symbol. Can you deny that to Africa?

The brave men who died in Vietnam, more than 100% of which were black, were the ultimate sacrifice.

What right does Congress have to go around making laws just because they deem it necessary?

I am a great mayor; I am an upstanding Christian man; I am an intelligent man; I am a deeply educated man; I am a humble man.

Old 11-22-2005, 02:15 AM

Not too long ago, AG Janet Reno was robbed at gun point, and she fought back?
That has to be frightening for a criminal. Can you imagine Reno in a rage coming after you? I'd drop her purse and run like hell.

Old 11-22-2005, 02:36 AM

she fought back because the robber said, "dude, give me your money."

Quick Reply: Most Dangerous City