Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Martha, The Stand Up Comic

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Default Martha, The Stand Up Comic

Is Martha Stewart hilarious or what? Her true colors are showing now. She is quite ugly and a true snob. The joke will be on her, though, when she enters federal prison and lands squarely in the middle of the real world holding a toilet brush instead of a spatula.

Can she take it like a man? She says so. After all, she has slept on the ground at camping trips and Nelson Mandela spent 27 years in prison. Boy, that helps me understand. You? Diane Sawyer surprised her by explaining she'd be subject to strip searches in prison. Martha thought it was going to be a picnic behind closed doors because she's going to a minimum security federal prison.

I hope the appeals court uses her grandstanding and nose-thumbing of the judicial system to adjust her sentence upwards. I'm not a lawyer so they may not be able to do this, I dunno, but she sure has earned it.

Then there's that silly book she wants to write. This woman is strange.

Old 08-26-2004, 08:20 PM
Default RE: Martha, The Stand Up Comic

Oh yes, she's about as lovable as a cactus. And she was somewhat naughty, no doubt. I don't like her. I can't shed too many tears over her.

But the punishment did not fit the crime. She should've been fined some money and let go. Enron did more real economic damage, put more people out of work than she could ever dream of. And maybe one of those clowns might get some time, maybe?

She just happened to win the scapegoat sweepstakes, that's all. She's not really relevant to anything serious in Wall Street, she doesn't have any real inside political connections, and if her humiliation makes the public quiet down, well, nobody's going to care.

Old 08-27-2004, 09:06 AM
Default RE: Martha, The Stand Up Comic

The punishment fit the crime because it was mandatory. She actually got off light. I believe it was the lightest possible sentence for the crime she commited. Don't forget, she was convicted of lying to fed investigators, not any impropriety on Wall Street trades. I doubt she would have been pursued by the fed had she not acted pompous on top of lying during the investigation of the Imclone fiasco.