Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Lorinser and Smart Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator
Default Lorinser and Smart Dealership

my company is planning to get the dealership for Smart and Lorinser but I still don't know much about their procedures.

anybody got any idea on:

* can we claim warranty on lorinser fitted cars and as well as those without?
**will mercedes-benz allow us to use the pylon which bears the Mercedes-Benz logo?
***what would be the difference between the Lorinser / Smart dealership compared to Mercedes-Benz dealership?

any little information would be very helpful to me.

Old 02-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Default RE: Lorinser and Smart Dealership

Lorinser is a private Mercedes tuner, not part of Daimler Chrysler. Smart is a division of Daimler Chrysler.
So if no company in your country has signed contracts with Lorisner as their authorized distributor, your company can work out a deal with Lorinser which gives you exclusive rights to sell their product, backed up by Lorinser's own manufacture warranty.
For the Smart brand, of course you will need to talk to Daimler Chrysler, if you want to get the cars directly from the manufacture. In Taiwan, before the Daimler Chrysler established its own overseas branch in Taiwan, Smart brands were imported by private car dealers, where they have various brands from Mercedes to BMW, and even Proton (Malayasia). They get their cars from all kind of sources, but not the original manufacture, thus, the cars only carries "dealer warranty".

So if your company wants to sell products thats backed up by the original manufacturer's warranty, then talks to the manufacturer and work out a contract. If not worrying about providing warranty, you can just buy the product from anywhere and sell it, and the original manufacture won't back up the product you sold since it wasn't authorized by them.

Old 02-22-2005, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator

yes, there is no company in china yet which was authorised by lorinser germany to be their dealer.

so this taiwan authorised lorinser dealer wants us to get the dealership but we need to forward about 6 million US$ to germany first as the first step.

it was such a big thing to decide that my company ask me about these things which i never have encountered before. i have seen a couple of car fitted with lorinser... but that's as near as i can get to it.
now they are giving me pressure to find out.

have you seen any lorinser dealership? do they carry the pylon outside their door similar to mercedes-benz?

Old 02-22-2005, 02:39 AM

So is the company you working for thinking about teaming up with the company from Taiwan?
$6 million is a huge amount of money, your company should do some in-depth research on the market and get familiar with the laws in China.
The only tuner-dealership I've seen is Brabus in the U.S., in the Los Angeles area (Brabus overseas branch ). They got a complete showroom with complete cars for sale. It has everytbng a dealer has.
I've seen a couple local car shop in Taiwan that puts on pylons of differnt brand....they pretend they are authroized dealers, hahha....chinese people usually don't understand what intellectual rights means,

Old 02-22-2005, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

okay.

tomorrow i will ask my boss go to shanghai and discuss it further. the taiwan dealer wants him to send the money this week but i told him to hold on to it first.
i simply cannot make decission.

thanks Mio. that really gives me a good insight.