Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

hello guys

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: hello guys

i can stay on your garage for the meantime till i can afford to rent a small room by my own.

only me is coming without my family.

thank you.

ORIGINAL: AMGMercedes

Another issue I see is housing, if I were on my own Sleepwalker could stay with me.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

financially i cannot afford to start my own since the equipments are too expensive for diagnosis.

however, if we will just do troubleshooting and repair, normal tools are already sufficient.

most of the problem i see there was that they sometimes replace those repairable engines and transmissions. i can easily do those effeciently at less cost.

at the same time, i can take care of your empty house since i'm a good handyman

thank you.

ORIGINAL: mbz300sdl

Hey i have a house its sitting empty right now. Maybe him and i could start an indepentent German Auto Repair shop since he does know more than just MB.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator

thank you 97dmsrS420.

the momentary help that you all did to me in this life will be appreciated by me forever. on this borrowed time, i also want to make the best of everything by making a decent living.

God bless you and everybody on this forum.

Old 10-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: mbz300sdl
business acumen-?
the knowledge necessary to operate a profitable going concern. In other words, how to keep cash flowing so you don't end up owing someone your shirt and disappointing your customers. You need to be able to do the following incomplete brief list of business functions:

Accounting, finance your expenses, negotiate, sell, market, retain and manage personnel, control inventory, etc.

Do the things you are good at and find someone else to do the things you aren't. JMHO. I've been operating a profitable business for 15 years and have a formal business education. If you need help, just ask.

Old 10-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Getting a visa is probably the first step. I heard some take 4 years until they're approved. How long should it for SleepWalker?

Old 10-13-2006, 11:02 PM

I have Sleepwalker's resume.

He e-mailed it to me just the other day.

I also have 10,000 air miles that I can donate.

Come on guys, let's get them over here!

Old 10-14-2006, 02:06 AM

Perhaps looking into Sponsorship would be a good thing, eh?

Old 10-14-2006, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

laurie, only me. got to establish a more solid ground first.
david, a sponsor is the best start.

Old 10-14-2006, 11:42 AM

It appears that there is quite a bit of support for Sleepwalker getting to the United States. Wonderful. But there are some serious issues that really need to be considered, if you are really serious about getting here.

So far, the supported idea of your coming here is enormous, but fragmented. In other words, from all over the states. You can only live in one place at any given time.

- Right now, it appears that lodging wouldn't really be an issue, but that's in Maryland (East Coast).

- 10,000 frequent flyer miles to travel, and location from which it comes is really of no consequence.

- Job, once you arrive; I really don't believe, that given your demonstrated technical knowledge and skill level would provide much difficulty in a secured position being obtained. I believe, that wherever you set foot in the United States, given the aforementioned thus far wouldn't really be an issue for you. But let's consider some other things, which really do not need to be disclosed via this medium, but definitely need to be considered, i.e., present Political Affiliations (HomeLand Security), Background History (Civil, Criminal, etc.), and so forth. I'm sure that these things are part of that interview process of which you spoke.

The main question or situation that confronts us is; How do we get you a sponsor, and what will be the requirements?

We want to help you, Sleepwalker. But we want it to be "good help." We don't want to involve you with shoddy, seedy, slip-shod, or unethical situations that would be an embarassment to us all. So, I'm going to do some checking as to the requirements for Sponsorship and get back to this forum on my findings, and I would encourage All of Us who are really interested in Sleepwalker's well being to do some checking as well. And let's just see how powerful and sincere this internet thing really is!

As for tools and all that, well, that's just stuff. And stuff is what we all seem to have, and/or will buy or get again! Same as with tools, etc. My point is, if we can do this thing, the stuff would be a no brainor![8D]

Meanwhile, Sleepwalker, it would help to know what your requirements are. You spoke of family and tuitions. Are you married? Do you have children? What would it take for you to meet your obligations and live?

Old 10-14-2006, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

I believe sponsorship is possible with full employment. It may be a chicken and egg situation. He may need to be invited here by the employer after a promise to hire is made. A job shop which handles foreign citizen placement here in the USA would be a good resource. One of our posters may be in the know with this.

The local USA embassy in his present country may be a good place to see if this relocation thing is even possible. He will need travel papers (an employment VISA) and the embassy will lead him to proper procedures. He is well traveled and has a handle on the language (multi lingual abilities are great job skills) so the move won't be too hard on him.

I think our relationships to our local dealerships, and quality businesses, could promote him - by word of mouth and providing a quality resume'.

Quick Reply: hello guys