Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Gun in car

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Default RE: Gun in car

*Concealed handgun laws reduce violent crime

"Criminals are deterred by higher penalties. Just as higher arrest and conviction rates deter crime, so does the risk that someone committing a crime will confront someone able to defend him or herself. There is a strong negative relationship between the number of law-abiding citizens with permits and the crime rateā€”as more people obtain permits there is a greater decline in violent crime rates. For each additional year that a concealed handgun law is in effect the murder rate declines by 3 percent, rape by 2 percent, and robberies by over 2 percent.

Concealed handgun laws reduce violent crime for two reasons. First, they reduce the number of attempted crimes because criminals are uncertain which potential victims can defend themselves. Second, victims who have guns are in a much better position to defend themselves." -John R. Lott, Jr., author of More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws Read more here

*This analysis is based on data for all 3,054 counties in the United States during 18 years from 1977 to 1994.

Old 07-31-2006, 01:34 PM

-I have a security system in my home:

I live ina nice town and neighbor hood AND

Theres nothing worth stealing in my house. If a buruglar came in I would just suggest some homes that he ought to burgal rather than mine. Heck, Id help him try to find sometihng worth stealing in my home, but I wouldnt find anyhting (except for my laptop)

Also, I have a pitbull-Boxer mix (male) who is EXTREMELY defensive of me and my mom. He is fast and agressive like no other and would give a burgular a very tough time

my neighbor is a state trooper- Id call him up and he would walk over with a pump shotty

-I would not trust myself with a loaded killing macine (a gun)

-Also, having the home field advantage, I would try to fist-fight the burgular- the way fights ought to happen, without any of this gun B.S. If you really wnat to proove you are tough rather than using a gun, use your fists and body.

-Boston cops have guns, as do the Stateys and 6 other law enforcment groups that patrol boston (Environmental police, FBI, etc...)

I just dont like guns because they are designed and built with one purpose: KILLING, and killing others, atleast in my mind, is wrong.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:47 PM

Since religion has kiiled more people in the world than guns have....well, I have traded in my 9mm Walther for a deadly crucifix.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7339/F2ED8890824E4905999619788FAA1EB6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-31-2006, 04:48 PM

Since religion has kiiled more people in the world than guns have
Oh, really? And which war that America has fought in has been a religious war? More people have been killed in war in the 20th century than perhaps all others together, and which one of the 20th cent. wars was a religious war?

Let me bring it up for you-"The Crusades"-dunt, dunt, dunt daaaaa! Lasting from 1095-1291 (roughly 200 years) So called Christians killed 200,000 innocents. Aweful, but contrast that with just one non-religions war of the 20th Cent., WWI. Lasting a mere 4 years, approx. 8,000,000 people were killed. That's 1,000 deaths per year for the Cusades VS 2,000,000 per year for WWI

Old 07-31-2006, 05:09 PM

ORIGINAL: BikerDrew

We are alike in that we have never needed a gun. It is just an option I prefer to have. It is there in case no other option is useful.
Let's hope we never do.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 07-31-2006, 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: RockSolid

Since religion has kiiled more people in the world than guns have
Oh, really? And which war that America has fought in has been a religious war? More people have been killed in war in the 20th century than perhaps all others together, and which one of the 20th cent. wars was a religious war?

Let me bring it up for you-"The Crusades"-dunt, dunt, dunt daaaaa! Lasting from 1095-1291 (roughly 200 years) So called Christians killed 200,000 innocents. Aweful, but contrast that with just one non-religions war of the 20th Cent., WWI. Lasting a mere 4 years, approx. 8,000,000 people were killed. That's 1,000 deaths per year for the Cusades VS 2,000,000 per year for WWI

I was assuming that people who believed in god were also a bit brain dead because of religion. However, into the pile we can also add the holocaust, Iraq, post-Yugoslavia...etc.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Carry some holly water and a Roman Catholic bible and your ready for an old fashioned exorcism.

Old 07-31-2006, 08:07 PM

ORIGINAL: BikerDrew

Carry some holly water and a Roman Catholic bible and your ready for an old fashioned exorcism.
Doesn't an exorcism also require a bottle of wine? This corkscrew from J. Heeley and Sons should come in handy.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7339/E19452E9893645F89ECC33BBB9C98A4C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7339/BB03188BC5364B11967CA29BEFF44069.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-01-2006, 01:34 AM

I really do not like guns or weapsons, but if you wanto see a sick gun under the seat of a benz ill take a pic of me, my benz, and an ar15. just google image ar15. its not mine, its a friends

Old 08-01-2006, 02:17 AM

i take offense to that statement.

i believe in God and i am certainly not braindead.

and in my state you can carry a concealed weapon if you pass a class and earn the permit required to carry a concealed weapon.

i believe they also do a background check.

i don't believe in keeping a gun as it is more than likely to be used against you. also had small children in the house and did not want to take a chance with their lives. even locked up and a trigger block has not stopped some small children in our area and the child was killed. i'd rather not risk it.

Quick Reply: Gun in car