Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Goodbye.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 04:12 AM
Default Goodbye.

I joined the other day, and after looking about, it would appear that this place, it's moderators and or members don't seem to give a hoot. Looking at the post count and reply ratio it seems all everyone here does is read. Not reply. When someone asks a question in tech help with an obvious answer to many tech guys on here it's just plain rude not to respond, as is it in the welcome section too.
Hey! join up! So we can ignore you!

What is concerning is that this is not the only Mercedes forum that this happens on. Strange though that many of the other forums I am a member of are more than happy to have new members.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:36 AM

Actually, I did. One post was a hello, the next was offering tech help and the last was the above. Maybe you should look at all the zero's in the reply count. So, let me get this straight then....instead of replying saying that perhaps there was room for improvement as far as responses are concerned, you get cynical. I rest my case.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:28 AM
Default Give it a Chance Lance,

Lance, You might wish to give this a chance,

I do not get feedback on every post, but I frequent, and lurk, to pickup invaluable information on this and another site for MB's.

Look I am not here to ag, you Heck if you are like me, I can go to work for that....

I am just saying that I find this less chatty and more informative than other sites.

Either way, Have a Great New Years

Gary

Old 01-03-2010, 02:43 AM

Ok, sorry if I got a bit bent out of shape, but when I noticed there are a lot of posts with no replies, but that have been read, it just looks like no-one could be bothered to answer, which is indicative of a lot of the more 'clique' site you find on the net.

On other forums I am on we make a point of welcoming newcomers as they are the lifeblood of the site. To me, not responding to a post when all it requires is a 'hello' is out of line, kind of like ignoring an email.
The fact that it's a mod who comes up with the sarcasm is also annoying.

Last edited by ForcedInduction; 01-03-2010 at 11:04 AM. Reason: added signature
Old 01-03-2010, 07:16 AM

Lance, I joined yesterday for a specific query and someone kindly answered the same day so definitely its worth giving a chance like Cessna said.

Try posting your query under the threads for specific car models...like for my Merc ML, I posted under the 'ML-Series' thread. Maybe you'll get quicker responses that way.