Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Astonishing Al Jazeera video

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Astonishing Al Jazeera video

ORIGINAL: RockSolid

There are hundreds of thousands willing to kill innocent civilians in there dark departure from this life. They are middle class with college educations and often arrive in Iraq from neighboring Islamic countries.

A good enough excuse to remove them as students from US colleges and close our borders to these nations. IMHO.

Old 03-11-2006, 01:45 PM

I'm quite surprised that Al Jazeera would allow such a cogent argument in opposition to widely held religious beliefs of Middle Eastern Muslims.
Perhaps we're not seeing the entire Al Jazeera broadcast? They most likely sliced 'n' diced her rant for ridicule at some point. I'm sure they didn't just let it go after what we heard. It would be equally interesting (and revealing) to hear what was said in response, even if it were only editorial.

Old 03-11-2006, 03:56 PM

Al Jazeera is undoubtedly the most fair and balanced news source in the ME. They may have a substantial bias that most non-Muslims don't appreciate, but they're a helluva lot better than the rest of the crap these folks are spoon-fed on a regular basis. I say let's just give it up for Al Jazeera for broadcasting this -- they deserve some credit and should be encouraged to likewise in the future.

Old 03-11-2006, 05:09 PM

Al Jazeera is undoubtedly the most fair and balanced news source in the ME.
That may be, but I don't think that's saying a whole lot. It's like saying out of 100 sharks, you'd rather swim with the one that only ate six people instead of twelve like the other 99.

If we saw the rest of the broadcast, we would undoubtedly see that they provided air time to Wafa Sultan only so they could butcher what she said with their usual moribundity and to air some snarky remarks about Israel and the US. The only thing left is for some Muslim Bozo leader to issue a Fatwa on her for what she said.

My money says that's the real motivation behind Al Jazeera's "openness" is to rile up the local folks.

Old 03-11-2006, 05:11 PM

Also, if Al Jazeera were fair and balanced, that would likely be preceived as some sort of support for the West. They would have been bombed by a crazed Muslim nutcase suicide murderer long ago.

Old 03-11-2006, 06:11 PM

Do you ever spend any time poking around their Website? They're really not as bad as you're letting on...

Old 03-11-2006, 08:57 PM

All Muslim organizations talk the talk, but I'm not aware of any that walk the walk. From the Arab street to CAIR in the US, from individual terrorists around the world to governments who support and endorse them, they all say what you want to hear and then do their best to cause mayhem and death while claiming to be peaceful. Al Jazeera is no different.

Old 03-11-2006, 09:25 PM

Personally, I don't think they're any worse than Fox News.....

Old 03-12-2006, 12:29 AM

Personally, I don't think they're any worse than Fox News.....
You're kidding right?

Old 03-12-2006, 12:51 AM

Yeah, I heard Bill O'Reilly is a serial killer.

Quick Reply: Astonishing Al Jazeera video