New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Total NEWB!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 07:07 PM
Default Total NEWB!

I'm closing in on 40, and recently just bought 2 cars that are on my bucket list. A Corvette, and A turbo diesel Mercedes Benz. It's my first Benz as well as my first diesel. I also quit my job and found my new job, 40 miles away, within my 2 weeks notice. Midlife crisis, maybe? Who knows, but I'm much happier now than I was a couple months ago, so good for me, I guess. The on topic car I bought is a 1985 300D. I've wanted a turbo diesel for some time, and always loved the look and prestige of the Mercedes W123. I actually bought the car with the idea of doing a WVO installation, but since I live in PA and also own the Vette, The 300D is going to be my only car during the winter, which can be very cold and harsh some seasons. That's also prime time for WVO conversions to go to crap. SO, I decided to instead go for the whole biodiesel brewing factory. Luckily, I have 1.5 acres and a barn to contain my operation, and a pizza shop right across the street that's all too happy to give me 35-50 gallons of WVO per week. So I'm piecing together a biodiesel production plant in the barn. I'm looking forward to indulging in that hobby....... Anyway, glad to be here! I hope to glean some useful info along the way and possibly share some as well.

Jarrett

Old 09-30-2015, 11:00 PM

Welcome aboard... That is a great plan about the bio diesel stuff. Keep us updated with its progress.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by ForcedInduction
Please don't destroy a good car.
WVO is NOT a fuel, it WILL damage your engine and fuel system no matter how well you think you've "converted" it. Converting the oil to Biodiesel is the only option to run biofuel and not damage the engine.
Its also illegal as you're not paying road taxes for the right to use public roads.
You have a good point, but we don't really know what he is really planning have prepared.