New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

S430 airmatic failure due to rear end collision?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Default S430 airmatic failure due to rear end collision?

Hi, I'm tying to understand something.
I've read many thread with the airmatic problem after a certain mileage on the S class. I own a S430 2001 with 96k mile. Everything was always good, no problem great car, so far.....
I was rear ended beginning july, not a major damage just about $5000 worth of repairs. After I got the car back from the body shop, the car was driving ok for couple of days then AIRMATIC car too low........... Park the car then notice that the passenger side of the car is totally "down". I call the body shop telling them about the problem, they took the car back and checked but nothing looks abnormal!!?? Take the car to the dealer for another diagnostic:
need a new airmatic pump. So I ok the repair for $1000. Go pick up the car, the service advisor brings me the car, it looks worse than when I left it. Then he tells me that I need a new shock which is another $1500. Not happy I bitch at him, he felt "bad" let me go with the loaner.
Now the car is still at the dealer, nothing has been done to it.
My question is can my airmatic be damage by a rear end collision??
Never had any problem prior to the crash, or is it just a co-incidence????
Please help me understand this, the dealer is playing me for a fool cuz I'm a chick!!!