New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Newbie needs assistance with roof problem!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 08:26 PM
sug
Default Newbie needs assistance with roof problem!

I am a new member and in desperate need of the collective advice and opinions of all experts out there concerning my 2005 MB SLK 350 Launch edition vehicle. My Car has approximately 37,000 miles on it and I encountered a new problem this morning.

The Retractable roof is working fine when I lower it. The problem occurs when I attempt to close/raise the roof . After the roof has been raised, the dash advises me that the "retractable roof (is) in Operation" or that the roof is is not secured/locked. The 2 small rear window panels do not go up at all and the main windows fail to go all the way up leaving the windows a half inch open. The hydraulic motor noise never stops (as it did previously after all windows had been raise and secured) until I release the button. When I next put the car in "drive" I get Bold Red letters advising me to "Lock retractable roof" while a loud beeping noise/alarm continues for several seconds. Again, I have no problem whatsoever lowering the roof. It is when I want to close the roof that these problem appear.

Any suggestions? Any known silent recalls? The 2 year extended warranty was up 9 months ago! Any idea what repairs could run? Thanks a lot for your time...

Frustrated MB Owner