New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Need to know how to clean my new C300

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Smile Need to know how to clean my new C300

Hello,
I'd really appreciate tips/advice on how to clean the dashboard, interior and exterior of my new C300?
I got it just yesterday.

What kind of towel, chemicals to use and where to source it.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
John.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:00 PM

Well if you have access to it it's best to use Armor All (however it's spelled) Cleaning wipes first, then coat it with the Protectorant wipes to lock out the dust. That's for the interior. A simple vacuum cleaner gets up all the junk from the carpets perfectly fine.

As for the exterior, don't ever use any hand/dish soap as your shampoo or else your paint will wear thin over time and it will become easier for rocks from the road to chip it all away. Use a car soap and rinse it all off real well and use a soft, hefty towel to dry it all off immediately before the sun bakes the water droplets dry. If you do so, there's no need to wax it unless it rains a lot where you are. In that case, try finding the Black Magic wax spray.

Having a black C 300 has really tested me on this crap lol.

vg,
N. Groeger

Old 09-01-2010, 12:37 AM

I dont like using Armor all or other types of cleaners like it. Its like making out with a girl with a makeup laden face and too much lipstick. It just gets everywhere and attracts dust. Unless your fighting some really tough grime just use a moist towel and wipe it down. It will have the same look as a new car, be easy and not attract dust since it drys well completely dry.

Exterior use a brush free if you can or if do make sure it has soft bristles like horse hair. Those hard bristle plastic brushes might take off the grime fast but on a microscopic level you have just put millions of micro scratches into your clear coat. Kinda like what brushed steel appliance surfaces look like up close. Keep it waxed. And some powerspray do it yourself carwashes or auto matic ones too have the UV protection option that isnt bad longterm if your car is in the sun for many hours of the day. UV rays over time really kill a paint job. Plus I noticed even putting a layer of that UV protectorant at the local power spray yourself car wash seems to have a wax effect and causes water beading as if I had waxed it, even though I had not.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:08 PM

Armorall makes a Low Shine product that I would recommend for the top of the instrument panel and other leather areas. It is much less reflective in the windshield when you drive. I use microfiber cloths to wipe everything. Spray on a cloth and wipe in and off. If you have scratches in the guages or soft top rear window, Griotsgarage.com makes a great plastic polish. Easy to use and come off clean. All of their products that I have used are awesome.