Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new to mercedes anything i need to know

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Default new to mercedes anything i need to know

i am thinking of buying an 02 c320. i currently have a lexus sc300 and i am in need of a sedan. this will be my first mercedes and was wondering if there is anything an experienced owner can tell me. i would appreciate any type of maintenance needs, quirks etc. compared to lexus, what is the reliability? any comments would be helpful. thanks

Old 08-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Default RE: new to mercedes anything i need to know

I have driven a Lexus and tbe Mercedes isa completely different experience. Road feel, steering imput, handling, and the overall feel of the car.

A good friend who owns a Acura RL drove my 99 C280 and his comment was "This is the kind of car you want to drive for the rest of your life, it is a keeper." Meaning you won't tire from the Mercedes experience for a long time, if ever.

Old 08-09-2006, 08:06 PM

typically does a c320 cost more to maintain than a lexus? i have had my sc for almost 2 years and have only done routine work(oil changes, tire rotation, etc). i really like the way the C handles but not im not sure if the fun factor will outweigh the cost of repair.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:44 PM

probably will lol...

Old 08-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

I think buying a car is like buying your own clothes. Some people buy what they see other people "wear" to be seen as hip...like Subaru owners with their multi-sticker clad rear windows.

Others look for uniqueness and purchase for personal style. It all comes down to what you can afford, your taste and getting what you can live in.

You know what is comfortable to you and you have to try different types to see what "suits" you best. Drive a few different models before you buy anything and you won't be disappointed in your next purchase. IMHO.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:46 PM

Let's see, change ALL fluids every 30K. Transmission, differential, coolants!!!

Get Eibach sway bars. Also, get Energy Suspension "BLACK" bushings instead of standard rubber or the RED polyeurothene bushings. They have more graphite in them and make sure they have PLENTY of lube!!!

If you service your car on a regular basis it will hold up much better.

One of the better tires to get are the BF Goodrich Traction T/As if you are looking for a 60K tire.

If you want to have a reprogrammed ECU, check out SpeedtuningUSA.

If you want to want to get full control over the camber adjustments check out K-Mac control arm bushings. www.shox.com sells them at discount.

Just some of my own experience.