New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Master Tech here to assist

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 08:23 AM
Default 1997 e320 no fire problem

good morning, my name is steve and i have a problem with my e320 97 mercedes. the car will not start, and i already changed the fuel pump, but the car will not start. i have pleanty of gas in th car. but i can;t seem to locate the fuel relay. or is there some kind of anti-theft relay?

Old 07-27-2011, 02:51 AM

Hello Ian,
I have a strange I guess you would call it a problem with my transmission in my 94 S320. At a steady speed between 80-85mph ( I drive kind of fast) when on a decline or long down grade of hwy the tranni will go into neutral. If I try to accelerate the tranni will go into 3-4th gear. When i level out the tranni keeps going back and forward into 3-4th gear.

I will have to pull off to the side of the road, stop the car and start again. The tranni will shift like nothing ever happened.

There are no leaks, grinding, clanking and the transmission fluid is at the proper level.
It shifts perfectly on surface streets (light to light)

Strong hard perfect shifts on hard acceleration but it will hold a gear for a long time until I ease up on the accelerator, then it will shift. It will do a burn out if I hold the break.

Up hill, down hill, reverse not problem.

Does this transmission have a stall converter? If so what are the symptoms of it going out.

Got any ideas what's going on with with it?

Patrick

Old 08-17-2011, 05:54 PM

NEW TO FORUM NEED A QUESTION answered im desperate. i have a 2002, C230 compressor
the transmission want come out of 1st gear. i took it to the Mercedes dealer and the charged me for 2 hour of labor to tell me i have to change out the TCU to before the can farther troubleshoot it but there not sure if that the problem. my computer code read bad speed sensor. my Question is why do they say they have to program it to the car what dose that require and why is cant i just plug it to my car and remove the old one.

Old 08-20-2011, 05:38 AM

Hi everyone. Just purchased A B200 2007 model. Just want to ask a question about the CVT Transmission. What are the service intervals and what type of oil used. Any special tools needed? The vehicle has travelled 67,000 kms. Also where can I purchase a workshop/service manual. Thank you

Last edited by kvenetis; 08-20-2011 at 05:40 AM.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Default e320 rear door

Ian,

Another new guy here, but a capable 'fixer'.

Just bought a '94 e320 wagon and the rear door hinges / lifts are broken on one side.

What information can you offer for this task?
What is a good source for a repair manual?

Dean.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by pc s class
hello ian,
i have a strange i guess you would call it a problem with my transmission in my 94 s320. At a steady speed between 80-85mph ( i drive kind of fast) when on a decline or long down grade of hwy the tranni will go into neutral. If i try to accelerate the tranni will go into 3-4th gear. When i level out the tranni keeps going back and forward into 3-4th gear.

I will have to pull off to the side of the road, stop the car and start again. The tranni will shift like nothing ever happened.

There are no leaks, grinding, clanking and the transmission fluid is at the proper level.
It shifts perfectly on surface streets (light to light)

strong hard perfect shifts on hard acceleration but it will hold a gear for a long time until i ease up on the accelerator, then it will shift. It will do a burn out if i hold the break.

Up hill, down hill, reverse not problem.

Does this transmission have a stall converter? If so what are the symptoms of it going out.

Got any ideas what's going on with with it?

Patrick
please read my posts as they might help..also have you done a tcm reset for the trans adaptations.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:29 PM

Hello Ian,
I hope you can help. I have a bad leak coming out of the transmission above the pan gasket on the drivers side. It leaks only when it is in gear and continues to drip long after the car has been shut off. It is coming out of a large bolt with an allen wrench head about a size 14mm. I believe there is an o-ring that needs to be replaced. My question; Can I turn this bolt out and replace the o-ring with out screwing something up? I think the bolt has something to do with band adjustment. 1986 300e Thanks in advance.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Default 2005 ML350 Instrument panel light up and red charge indicator

Hoping for help. Have a 2005 ML350 that just clicked 80,000 miles. While driving today the instrument panel suiddenly starting lighting up, at least 6 of the warnings, ABS, Air Bag, ETS, ESP, and red "charge indicator" lamp. It felt under powered on acceleration. Blinkers did not work. I was almost home, pulled into drive and turned car off. Tried to restart- nothing. Then appx. 30 minutes later, tried to restart again and cranked right up, but red "charge indicator" lamp came on & stayed on. Popped lid and belt is intact. Any ideas? Battery is original. Hoping that is all, but seemed odd that batt would lose power while driving. Any indicators I should look for to determine if alternator is culprit?
Thanks so much!

Old 08-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Question After market LEDs

Just purchased after market DRL LEDs for my 2007 E320. Connected the two wires to the fog light wires. LEDs blink on and off about 4 times, then nothing. What's up?

Old 08-30-2011, 07:45 AM

Hi Ian, kvb13 here, hope you can advise, I have a '87 sdl turbo, which is a loaner, that just started leaking at the 4th injector, it's squirting fuel from the top, where it connects to the ?fuel line. Should I try to disconnect the ?bolt, and see if there is a problem with a ?seal or ?ring. My apologies, as I'm not familiar with a lot of engine jargon, and I'm on a very limited budget, and with minimal tools...Have you any ideas or suggestions that I can try...Should I worry about the fuel leaking on the engine, will it catch fire? Can I still drive in emergency, if I'm unable to repair it immediately?, or is there a way to bypass that 4th injector? Thanks, I need lots of help!!

Quick Reply: Master Tech here to assist