New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Master Tech here to assist

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by chassis221
Welcome. I've got 2 friends in the San Diego, Hollywood area that work for Benz.
Hi Guys. I have an s55 with 60k miles here in blights. Problem is after changing all mounts over years I still have a harshness on the right front passenger side together with a vibration from the engine out of gear and when pulling away gently. There is also another harshness/vibration/noise when accelerating over an uneven road, like the exhaust/box just leaning on tunnel. Any ideas ?

Old 11-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Default C55 will not start

I have a 2006 MB C55 with no mods. Car would not start this morning. Turn key and tried to turn over then nothing. Dash has power. Checked batter and it read 12.6. Appears to be original MB battery.

Removed batter and took to Advanced Auto. They tested battery and it tested ok. Brought battery home, cleaned all terminals and posts, reinstalled battery. Car did not crank.

Got second set of keys - car will not crank.

Any advice on what to try next?

Old 11-12-2012, 10:48 PM

Hi, im aldo I just joined. I was wondering if u would know anything about why my headlight is sweaty I drive a 97 e320. Also how come this model didn't come with the option on off ets?

Old 11-12-2012, 10:50 PM

I would check the key battery they die out after a while. Also check the key codes in the ignition

Old 11-19-2012, 07:15 AM

Hi Ian

I have a 2004 e200 and I need to replace the indicator lenses in the wing mirrors...

can you expain how I should go about removing the windows so that I can replace the lenses?

Thanks, Ivan

Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Default Problem starting my 1974 450 se

Hello, I just recently became the owner of a 1975 (it is a 75 not a 74) Merc 450 se. The car only has 116K miles on it, it was owned by an older gentleman who passed away and the car has set for the last 5 years. The fuel lines were rotted so they were replaced. The car stared and ran fine for about 40 miles or so, and then I ran into problems. I started the car and it started but was idling very ruff then it died. I turned it over again but it would not start, I waited 15 min or so and managed to get the car to start but it quickly died again and that were I’m at. The car has sat for 5 years and has not had a full tank of gas ran through it since, I’m not an auto mechanic but am fairly handy and can turn a wrench so I would like to fix myself if possible. I’m thinking the problem may have to do with not getting fuel, maybe the fuel injection; I purchased some gum out, but have not had a chance to try it yet. I did not spend a lot on the car but would like to be able to drive it any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by atrain44; 11-19-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:52 PM
IKE
Default c320 2001

c320 2001 car trys to start but will not any help thanks

Old 12-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Default DVD video in comand systems... how to activate picture?

My 2005 SL500 plays DVD video discs, but only allows the soundtrack to play. Makes sense when the car is in gear, but sitting still with accessory on, why not show a movie on the screen with the sophisticated surround sound? What's the sense of the multi page section on playing DVD's in the manual if you can't watch a movie?

I don't understand all the pointless comments about safety, etc. so many posters seem to get lost in. It's obvious folks, but not the issue at all. The point is all the hardware is there, and it would be useful to use it to watch a movie when in park and/or when the engine is off. Is there a way to reprogram the comand unit to work as it does in other more intelligent countries? This car does everything else under the sun, why would this feature be deleted when it's so useful and simple to include it safely?

The comand unit in general is quite frustrating, the only thing on this vehicle that is badly engineered and executed. This lack of functionality makes it seem altogether stupid.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Default C280 TCM location

Trying to find location of transmission control unit on 1997 C280. Transmission is in limp home mode. Replaced K40 relay. Drove fine for 200 miles now it's back in limp home mode. Heard it might be located under glove box. Took cover off cabin blower under glove box and found it full of water.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:45 PM

Im in need of some assistance with my 1990 E190..

Quick Reply: Master Tech here to assist