New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

hello newbe,21 year m/b tech

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 01:14 AM
Default hello newbe,21 year m/b tech

hello iam new here started working on mbs in 1984 ,,worked for dealer from 1984 to 1991..im at an indepent shop now..just what to say hello ,,im good at the older ones than the newer ones,my last mb school was in 1990..if anyway a can help you let me know or P.M.me ill get back with you as soon as a can,,,,

Old 06-17-2004, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: hello newbe,21 year m/b tech

hi, i hope to learn some older model tech from you. am only good at recent models. can we exchange idea sometimes?

Old 06-17-2004, 07:03 PM

ORIGINAL: sleepwalker

hi, i hope to learn some older model tech from you. am only good at recent models. can we exchange idea sometimes?
OKAY ..i hate check engine lights[&o]

Old 06-19-2004, 02:50 AM

Good to have you on board. It turned out to be the LEFT REAR wheel bearing. My old ears must have been playing tricks on me.

Old 06-19-2004, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator

there's few tricks and tips about the check engine lights. but now almost all of them have been control units have been modified... lengthened the threshold value (now they cheat their own technology). we always adjust them, and even disable or set to not active in a minute.

yes i have lots of headache about it years ago, too many complaints and few landed in courts. customer says the Mercedes-Benz technician are not good and qualified because the problem keep coming back. what a sad part on our situation because it is the SOFTWARE thats doing it and not us. we didn't design it.

we have a discussion in this forum where you will find a water buffalo haul the SLK and was smashed with sledge hammer in public. that was check engine light problem.

Lugnut was planning to make a buffalo steak for everybody from that beast.

Old 06-19-2004, 05:36 PM

ORIGINAL: mauivette

Good to have you on board. It turned out to be the LEFT REAR wheel bearing. My old ears must have been playing tricks on me.
some times its hard to know ,,without driving it ,,,im working on one know that kicking my butt,,,

Old 07-14-2004, 11:01 PM

Hello, and welcome! Can you help with some advice? I have a 1992 190e 2.6 that I absolutely love to death. But, I have a small amount of oil in the coolant. My dealer told me that it was probably the head gasket. Is this true? I am a licensed A&P (aircraft) mechanic, so I know my way around engines pretty well. Is this really a symptom of a head gasket? If so, I think I am going to get it replace since it has only 93k miles on it and has plenty of life left. Thanks for your help. Email me at kidneyb@msn.com if you get the chance. Thanks!

Old 07-20-2004, 08:59 AM

About 8 years at the dealership? Hmmm... We have something in common, I started in late 1995 and gave up in June 2003. 8 years. Hmmm...
I'm pretty new here myself, and am always glad to have experienced techs to converse with. ---Larry---

Old 08-31-2004, 01:49 AM

IM AT A INDENPENT SHOP NOW.....

Old 08-31-2004, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator

can i join you? i can be your assistant.

Quick Reply: hello newbe,21 year m/b tech