New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

hello newbe,21 year m/b tech

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Default RE: hello newbe,21 year m/b tech

hello, can you please let me have the link to buy original sds & bmw gt1

Old 04-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: hello newbe,21 year m/b tech

i can give you original SDS for $22.5k complete set less hermann tester.

GT1 for $25k brand new complete set less opps.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:52 AM

Hello All - I am new to the MB forum and am looking for some help with my C180 estate 1997 - I have an intermittent fault with the elec windows and wing mirrors - they either work fine or not at all - had all fuses checked and all fine - after diagnostic checks I have multiple CAN failures - The mechanic thinks there is a bad connection in a wiring loom possibly chewed by a rodent - but he has said to locate the loom he would need to strip out the interior this would cost hundreds in labour alone - can anyone tell me where the loom specific to the windows and wing mirrors is located so perhaps I can look myself and locate the bad connection ? Many Many Thanks in advance for any help available - Best Regards JDSB

Old 02-11-2015, 03:58 AM
Default electric window wiring loom fault

Hello All - I am new to the MB forum and am looking for some help with my C180 estate 1997 - I have an intermittent fault with the elec windows and wing mirrors - they either work fine or not at all - had all fuses checked and all fine - after diagnostic checks I have multiple CAN failures - The mechanic thinks there is a bad connection in a wiring loom possibly chewed by a rodent - but he has said to locate the loom he would need to strip out the interior this would cost hundreds in labour alone - can anyone tell me where the loom specific to the windows and wing mirrors is located so perhaps I can look myself and locate the bad connection ? Many Many Thanks in advance for any help available - Best Regards

JDSB
Originally Posted by jdsb
Hello All - I am new to the MB forum and am looking for some help with my C180 estate 1997 - I have an intermittent fault with the elec windows and wing mirrors - they either work fine or not at all - had all fuses checked and all fine - after diagnostic checks I have multiple CAN failures - The mechanic thinks there is a bad connection in a wiring loom possibly chewed by a rodent - but he has said to locate the loom he would need to strip out the interior this would cost hundreds in labour alone - can anyone tell me where the loom specific to the windows and wing mirrors is located so perhaps I can look myself and locate the bad connection ? Many Many Thanks in advance for any help available - Best Regards JDSB

Old 03-14-2015, 08:53 AM

Hallo Techman. I'm new as well. Hope you won't mind if i pick your brain. I've a MB124 YOM 1995,111 engine. Not too long ago i disconnected the battery to remove a rat that had died underneath the battery. When i reconnected the battery,not the rat mind you, on starting the engine,it wouldn't idle as it usually did. It would die immediatly unless i kept my foot on the accelarator,until it warmed up. I was advised that the computer would reset itself. Its been more then two months since. When warmed up its fine. I just have to add 5mins to warm it up before i engage D or R. What do you think is the issue?
Thanks in advance

Old 08-10-2015, 02:19 AM
Default 89 300se check engine lighgt on when brakes applied

Originally Posted by MB/TECHMAN
hello iam new here started working on mbs in 1984 ,,worked for dealer from 1984 to 1991..im at an indepent shop now..just what to say hello ,,im good at the older ones than the newer ones,my last mb school was in 1990..if anyway a can help you let me know or P.M.me ill get back with you as soon as a can,,,,
I have a 89 300se,does not have the lockout transmisision like the 90-91 models. I do not have to touch the brake pedal to put the car in gear. My check engine light comes on when I touch the brake pedal and remains on until I turn the car off. If I start the car and do not touch the brake pedal the check engine light remains off, but if I apply the brake pedal the light comes on and remains on. Level is up, good pads and sensors. If is not a cal. car. 89000 miles. It must be somehow associated with the brakes/ the abs light does not come on, only the check engine light, only when the brake is applied and remains on until I shut her down. start up again no light, unles I apply brake pedal. any thoughts.