New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

hello, I a back. Had my Knee operation

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Default hello, I a back. Had my Knee operation

on April 21. It only took 50 minutes. But did it hurt, for solid week and a half, even with heavy duty pain meds. I still have to stay off my feet until the first of June, as much as possible, can't drive too far, swell up terribly, but the surgeon said this is normal and will probably take a few months to "settle down." Have to walk with crutches for another week and then one crutch and hopefully back to just a cain. Which I have used to walk with for 5 years since my back operation. Have to use the C280 as the 450SLC is difficult as best to get in and out of. The tumor waw benign, calcified type, but is was pressing against the sicatic neve. The surgeon also, fixed by added some streatchable plastic materinal to create a new ligament, he removed the very bady torn part and sewed in a piece of plastic. Does this make me Bionic? Also the synovial cyst was repaired. He said I can resume most normal activity around June 1. But the knee will probably be a constant problem, that is, good days and not so good. But I am use to that with my back.

In conclusion, glad that is over, now to get this divorce over. Which IMO is worst then any operation. 31 years and she is "not in love with me anymore." Ran away with a truck driver??????

Advice needed: I need some technical help with the 450SLC. Does anyone have a good working knowledge of these cars. mine has the M117 985 type V8 and the chassis is a 107-24 chassis. Need help with what I think are missing engine parts. Yes, missing. the previous owner had the top end rebuilt. It seems when it was put back togther again. a lot of the pollution system wasn't. Whih is not a bad thing, the car runs great and being over 26 yeard old I don't have to worry about pollution inspection. Even thou Mass adopted CAFE standard around 10 years ago. However I am finding oil leaks from valves that I think should have some sor t of filter or line on it. missing vacuum lines. and vacuum lines that were replace without regard to color. and length. I have worked on vacuum systems befoer. However it seems Mercedes used several different hookups according to the cars equipment, ie AC, central locking, etc. The shop manual have been some help, however, my 79 I have found could have some 77 vacuum routings and some 79 and one of the sytems looks like a 1980 vacuum routing, as the air pump is missing and it looks at thou when it was put back together, they might have subituted 80 tech???? Confusion is the name of the game.

My wife lawyer is bleeding me dry, so far I have given my wife $170K and her lawyer wants more. She wanted my C280, also. My wife has a 05 Hyundai XG350L. Her lawyer wanted it sold and the entire amount given to her. My lawyer put a stop to that really quick. Also, he is the kicker the date I was supposed to go into the hospital her lawyer demanded $140K or my buyout of the house I built for us 30 years ago. I had to call the hsopital and cancel. Can you inagine that. My lawyer said to do it, or I would pay alimony. The doctor seemd understanding but pissed. Thank God he had a opening on April 21.

Next week we are supposed to go to court. I asked my attorney to have it reschuled, and my wife went along. As I cannot walk very far and my doctor doesn't want me to walk under any circumstance the distance from courthouse parking to the courthouse. My wife lawyer said no, bring him in a wheel chair.

I got very mad. I didn't want to do this. But our local US Congressman is a personal and long time friend. I called him in DC and told him the situation. He called the JUDGE, and the judge said no problem. The judge then called my wife's lawyer and read her the riot act.

Anyway any help with a good vacuum diagram with colors and such would be greatly appreciated. I already check the dealer and the don't have such an animal

Old 05-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Default RE: hello, I a back. Had my Knee operation

Best of luck on your knee to heal, Allan. Hope legal issues will be resolved peacefully soon.