New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Old and had lots of Mercedes

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Default Old and had lots of Mercedes

<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face=Arial>My first Mercedes was a 1966 190D that I named Helmut.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>Not sure why the name but it sure fit the car.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>Car was big and slow but was comfortable and very reliable.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>Still my favorite Mercedes, my favorite car I ever owned was a 1984 Jaquar XJS.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face=Arial><o></o></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Arial size=3>My second Mercedes was a 1972 220D that I kept a couple of years.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>This one kept having trouble with the water pump had to replace 3 times.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>Nice car but not one of my favorite Mercedes.</FONT></P>
<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face=Arial><o></o></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Arial size=3>My third Mercedes was a 1984 280SEL (gray market from Germany) that I thoroughly enjoyed until my daughter demolished it the day after she get her drivers liscense.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>Thank goodness she was not hurt, car was replaced but could never have replaced her.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>This was a very reliable and comfortable car.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>In addition it handled very well on the highway and in town.</FONT></P>
<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Arial size=3>My fourth Mercedes as a mid 80s 190D, not sure of the year anymore (senior moment I guess).<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>That was a very nice car.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>Easy on fuel, rode very nice, handle very well and very dependable.</FONT></P>
<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Arial size=3>My next on will be a low mileage 560SEL, love them and hopefully will find one.</FONT></P>

</P>