New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Had my SL 320 now for 1 week.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 12:33 AM
Default Had my SL 320 now for 1 week.......

........and NO problem. It is a 1997, red/tan (biege?), 34K miles and it is in mint condition..........includes the hard-top, which I finally took off today. The roll bar, and windscreen really help to bring the wind level down. I will use this as my daily driver, for the summer and fall.

I was bidding on a Ferrari convertible (Mondial), but the seller was way too optimistic on what he thought the car would bring. While in Chicago, last weekend, I stopped at the Ferrari dealer............no Mondials..........oh well. My nephew, and I, then went to the Lambo dealer.........he always has other used models in stock. I did not plan on buying a car, but when I saw the MB..........I just had to have it.

I have always done the necessary repairs on my cars, myself. Today, I was putting back the FI system on my 83 Boxer, after completing fuel pressure tests. Tomorrow, I will continue on the Boxer, and then switch to the 88 TR, where I am doing an engine out major service to.

After owning Ferraris, and wanting a convertible, I thought of the Mondial. But, I then thought........here I have 2 Ferraris, and BOTH are down.........do I really want a third????????? The more I thought about it, the less I wanted the Mondial.

This is my first MB!!!!!!!!........and I plan on working on it, when necessary. I have joined several MB forums, since I am very mechanically inclined, and have asked questions on the SL 320..........thanks, sleepwalker!

As I learn this car, I hope to help others.

Old 04-17-2004, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Had my SL 320 now for 1 week.......

you can get a very nice panoramic roof for it. i have fitted one and it looks so cool. similar to maybach but the tint is permanent.