New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Fletcher Jones Mercedes Benz Chicago Service Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Default Fletcher Jones Mercedes Benz Chicago Service Issues

I bought a MB several months ago from Fletcher Jones Mercedes in Chicago. It is my first MB and I am proud of it. I thought that by buying this brand it meant that great service and great customer care would follow. Unfortunately, in the case of this dealership's service group I could not have been more wrong or disappointed. I have had several instances already with them (a bug in the instrument panel, a one hour delay for their courtesy shuttle to pick me up and a flat tire on a courtesy car a few blocks from their dealership that they are charging me $225 to replace) that have tainted my attitude about them completely. I was told not to trust their service team by several other people who bought from this dealership and I ignored their advice. Now I wish I had listened to them. Beware of their service tactics and watch out for overcharging. They seem to want to do what they can to take your money and take value away from the Mercedes Benz name. Others may not have this issue with them, but I certainly have.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:05 AM
Default One Omitted Detail

Oh, and they were originally going to charge me to take the bug out of the instrument panel and this was one month after I bought the car from them. That was the start to a very suspicious charging practice from their service center. I had to argue with them for awhile about that issue before they finally agreed that it should never have happened.