New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Dashboard guage lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Default Dashboard guage lights

I have a '95 C280 w/o owners manual and I am wondering about a dash light that has been lighting up for the past couple weeks. The vehicle is rapidly approaching 75K miles and I'm not sure what this light represents. It is to the left of the temperature guage about halfway down the panel and is amber in color. It appears to have waves as if representing water or coolant in the radiator and is gold or amber in color. It comes and goes but has been staying on for longer periods of time recently. All this has been happening over about the last 3 weeks. I am getting nothing but normal readings on the actual temperature guage. Just looking for a little info on what this light represents and what needs to be addressed if it is continuing to show up though in a somewhat irregular manner. Thanks.

Old 02-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Default RE: Dashboard guage lights

Do you have an owners manual, all the dash light symbols are in there. If not email me and I will look in my 99 C280 owners manual. I just walked out to my car and turned on the ignition, I have no warming light like you describe in the position you describe. All My ESP ABF warming ligts, but nothing with waves as a coolant or washer fluid light might be?

Old 02-27-2005, 12:47 AM
Default RE: Dashboard guage lights

if it is a square box amber in coler and waves at the bottom -- it is the coolant level low light--- top it up with anti freeze safe for aluminum blocks and heads--50-50 mix-- about halfway in reservoir-- this should be done when engine is cold as that is when level is lowest--once heated up the coolant expands and will pump some fluid into reservoir----- if it then comes on angain after filling it- then a pressure test should be done---- if reservoir is already half filled when inspecting then you may have a bad sensor.