New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Check Engine Light Concern

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 02:11 AM
Default Check Engine Light Concern

Hi Everyone from rainy Vancouver. Driving a 99 slk 230 and 05 ml 350 and the slk goes back in to the dealer tomorrow for "Check Engine" again. Three weeks ago they pulled the following codes ( P1420, P1525, P1235, P1236). They checked for a disconnected hose or electrical plug, found none and cleared the codes. Drove it down the street after picking it up and guess what came back on? Gave it back to them and they decided to replace the ECU which was still under warranty and again cleared the codes and gave it back to me and said if the light comes back on I shouldn't worry about it. The car has felt seriously underpowered and hesitates when the gas pedal is pushed hard and it won't downshift into the passing gear. The speed increases, but not like it should. Bought an OBD II and scanned the car and sure enough the same codes came back on. Any ideas as to why they went after the ECU when it seems like the supercharger is not engaging properly?

Old 02-01-2005, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Check Engine Light Concern

electro magnetic clutch faulty?

maybe gap too wide?

0.25- 0.40 mm

Old 02-01-2005, 04:50 AM

Sorry, I don't know how the magnetic clutch works. Can you give me more info? That high pitch "whirr" noise from the supercharger that I used to hear when I was ripping down the hwy is no longer there and I want it back.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:28 AM

Check the fuse for the Kompressor clutch.
Air injection codes are linked to Komp codes as the komp is used as AIR pump during warm-up.
Also, have your mechanic look at Komp check valve .. common fault part

You also have a cam advance timing code, but that may be held back by the ECU til the clutch engages..

Old 02-01-2005, 11:28 PM

Bingo on the fuse!! It turns out that the fuse itself was not blown, but the wiring under the fuse box had burned away. They are keeping the car for a couple of days and I pick up the loaner tomorow. They are not billing me for the labor either. This was the problem in the first place and I ended up getting a new ECU for free.