New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

c200 sports coupe Radio/Antenna + Lock/Unlock Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 09:12 AM
Default c200 sports coupe Radio/Antenna + Lock/Unlock Issue

Hi everyone,

I purchased my C200 sports coupe exactly 2 years ago (September 2006) and 2 days ago I decided to go for my first Teflon + Polish at a mercedes benz authorized Valeting centre. I have to admit the guys did a great job on the exterior as well as on the interior of the car. They even cleaned the engine (somehow) and this is something I didn't know would happen initially.

However, on my way back home I noticed that my radio was unable to tune to any radio station! The other thing I noticed once I parked my car was that the central locking system was unable to receive a signal from the key from distances longer than 1-2 meters. While I could lock/unlock the car from distances even up to 50-60 meters sometimes more, now after the teflon/polish/engine cleaning procedure, I have to stand closer than 2 meters from the driver's side pointing the key to the driver's door in order to lock/unlock the car. I have tested this with both 2 keys. The batteries have been checked as well, and they are fine. Fully charged (3V).

It seems to me as an antenna wiring issue inside the engine. Perhaps somebody andsomehowunplugged a wire inside the engine! Perhaps. It is the only logical explanation to me provided theantenna receives radio signals from the radio stations as well as the key signal to lock/unlock the vehicle. Do you agree? Any ideas? Any thoughts? Any pictures showing something useful? Oh yes. There is noantenna mastmountedonthe rear glasswindow. It seems to be an in-glass antenna instead.

I have already booked for an inspection at the Mercedes Benz service centre for the 24th Sep. but untill then I still have 2 weeks to wait unless you guys help me here.

Thanks,

Sav