Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

SLK320, will not unlcock with remote

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Default SLK320, will not unlcock with remote

Here is a new one:

The car does lock when I hit the remote lock, signals will flash when I hit the unlock on the remote, but the car will not unlock!

Have to place the key into the door lock and all doors unlock.

I suppose the PSE is working, since the vacuum pulls the locks down and pushes them up.

Anyone out there with a clue, since I am out of ideas.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Old 11-13-2006, 05:12 AM
Default RE: SLK320, will not unlcock with remote

Hi,

I agree that this is a little different.
The remote control sends a signal which is picked up by DAS (N54/3) behind the dash and fed to the MultiFunction Control unit (N10/3) in the black box under the hood. This signal (digital) is sent along a dedicated network. Different signal Lock to UNlock. The N10/3 then transmits a digital signal along the main body CAN (Controller Area Network (Green / White leads) to the PSE (A37) in the boot. The A37 also receives non digital hard wired signals from the various sensor switches. Doors, boot, hood, glovebox, drivers door (USA/J only).
The A37 then operates the pump motor and thus the locks.
The A37 operates the exterior feedback warning lights etc through hard wiring the lighting control module N7-1 (USA only)

Since the PSE / Light Module and Locks work OK when activated using the key this suggests that the defect must be in the Remote / DAS / N10-3 part of the circuit. I guess a faulty button on the Remote would be my first shot in the dark assuming that the Remote batteries are good. Do the button pads look worn / damaged?

Contact me via PM and I'll send you an image of the circuit if you would like one.

.................I still can't work out how to send stuff directly thru a post even after following the instructions to the letter and resizing image!!........States upload failure. CAN ANYBODY HELP PLEASE. I use a Mac OSX.

However, I've never encountered this problem before (there has always got to be a first time) but would still suspect the PSE CAN signal circuity. the PSE is a strange mix of mechanical pumps and valves, electrical bulb monitoring and circuit control relays not to mention digital CAN comms and logic. Corrosion on the CAN circuitry (immediately below the white multiplug) within the PSE could cause your symptoms.

Unplug the WHITE multiplug on the PSE and look VERY CAREFULLY WITH MAGNIFYING GLASS for any traces of blue colouration from water/corrosion adjacent to the connection pins. I'll bet there is!! caused by water from a roof stowed when wet.

Keep us advised and we will all learn.
Stuart