Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

A nice face-lift for a black 170 slk

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 02:45 AM
Default A nice face-lift for a black 170 slk

finally after waiting for three weeks I gotmy three fin grille off ebay. It was160 bucks and came broken, but was repairable, I wouldn't even want to try and get another onefrom this seller. I got one just like it for my sl from www.bekkers.comfor $220 incl. shipping. They sent the wrong one, a silver one instead of black. Nice looking but not what I ordered. However they handled it very quickly and I'm a happy camper and it looks great too.. I liked it so much I wanted one forthe slk. Well, I seen one on ebay for less money, 50 less than bekkers. So I said why not?.....the service wasfar MOREbetter from bekkers. Sometimes cheaper isn't always better. bottomline though,the grillelooks a whole bunch better than the original equipment.They come in silver or black. I don't know yet if there will be any air flow restriction yet, I've just been admiring her new look so far.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Default RE: A nice face-lift for a black 170 slk

Funny about your grill....I order the same grill for the same price for my 2001 Black SLK. It also came in broken. I did not attempt a repair. After 2 weeks, and a lot of emails and phone calls, they sent me another one, after they received the broken one.The second one came in.It was really broken, everywhere! UPS picked it up 2 days ago, and the supplier said they will issue a credit. Waiting for the credit now. Hope yours holds up.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:33 PM

bekkers double boxes, with bubblepacking between the boxes with their shipments. big difference. A little trick I've learned for a strong repair on damaged plastics. use cloth or a porous paper cut to size, saturate the cloth or paper with the glue called "goop". put goop directly on to the area you want to fix, like you're going to put on a patch. Also glue the broken edge if applicable. lay on your reinforced goop cloth or paper, then put another layer of goop over the top of that.you can even repeat this for added strength. this process is very flexibleand is easier and I think better than fiberglass repair kits. This is usually for repairs that can't be seen unless you're lookin' for it,the back side. can be used on both sides in some cases where it's not seen. use color coordinated cloth if possible or paint over. For me black is easy.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:00 PM

WHAT DO THIS FIN LOOK LIKE ON THE CARS ...

Old 02-29-2008, 02:19 AM

go to www.formymercedes.com click on roadster and follow the prompts. this not the same grille,it just appears the same.