Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

Help with security!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Default Help with security!!

I just bought a 2002 SLK and everything has been great until today. When I lock the doors the lights blink like it is activating the security features. Then, a minute or so later all the lights start blinking and won't go off. I've double checked all doors to make sure everything is closed tight.

I can't leave this car unlocked all the time! And the dealership that sold it to me gave me 30 days or 1000 mile warranty so I need help quick!

Thanks!

Old 03-18-2006, 06:18 PM
Default RE: Help with security!!

Why don't you take it back and tell them to fix it? Tell them to fix or they can keep it and return your money. I'm sure they'll fix it. They can't sell a car with a problem like that without losing a lot of money.

Old 03-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

yes take it back to rectify the problem.

the interior motion sensor must be too sensitive or getting false signal.

Stuart must know this ONE.

Old 03-19-2006, 03:47 AM

I agree with the others. Take it back and get them to fix it.

Although it may be something very sinple there is a good chance that it might be the PSE unit in the boot (RHS under the bottom edge of the black boot lining cover) which is a moderately expensive component.

Sleepwalker is also correct that the interior motion sensor could have gone bad (got an ant in it) but not all variants / territories were fitted with IMS.

If the garage is unable to sort the problem (i.e. they don't know anything about Mercedes) give us the details about vehicle age, mileage, type, VIN etc. Make sure IN WRITING that you ready them for the fact that it may need a PSE. (Pneumatic Security ?) and that you will need to take it to an MB dealer. New PSE needs to be setup with special equipment.

What happens when you lock the car using the manual key?

Stuart

Old 03-19-2006, 07:08 AM

Get them to check the PSE unit in the Boot is DRY.
Water sometimes leaks in and cereates problems.

BAzzle

Old 03-20-2006, 11:01 AM

Well I just went out and was going to pull the fuse on the alarm system. I locked it and the lights aren't flashing now. We'll leave it locked and see if it does it again. I bought this at a Porsche dealer so I doubt they would know anything about it. They are also a couple of hundred miles away from me so I sent them an email to let them know I'm having issues and asked how they wanted to handle it.

The car is a 2002 SLK320 with 44,000 miles on it. The VIN # is WDBKK65F72F249039

I don't think there have been any modifications of any kind on it. Everything appears original.

Thanks for your suggestions. I also have a local guy who specializes in Import cars. Don't know if something would show up on the onboard diagnostics or not. But he might be able to help me if it acts up again. Just seems weird it was fine for a week, and then started this. Grrrr..

Will keep ya'all updated. Thanks again!

Old 03-20-2006, 05:14 PM

Alright, it's at it again. If I lock the door with the key the siren goes off. It's on the way to the shop. Will let you know what they come up with for future reference.

Thanks!
Jean