Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

Brake Light Recall REFUND

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Default Brake Light Recall REFUND

Hi all,
I wrote refund because after replacing the tail light assemblies on my '98 seven times (yes seven times) my newest service advisor at MB has submitted the paperwork to get me a reimbursement (as promised in the recall letter). I have yet to see a check, but I promised some in the forum I would keep them updated as to my progress.

I suggest that anyone who has paid out of pocket for this repair, to go after your refund. I was obliged to submit all original paperwork for each repair (Hurrah for me for being a meticulous record keeper!!) in accordance with the 'rules' on the back of the recall notice.

Vik

Old 02-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Default RE: Brake Light Recall REFUND

PLEASE NOTE... If you had your brake lights fail and didn't have the brake lights replaced by Mercedes directly, MB may charge you a service fee (bullsh*t) to inspect the installed brake lights and you won't see a dime if the repairs were not made with the latest brake lights issued for the SLK.

Also note that the dealers are not going to be quick about issuing a refund unless they inspect the car first. That's their protocol but they don't say that in the letter. So regardless, you have to have the dealer look at the car before you can get the refund.

So make the appointment with the dealership you received the car from or your closest MB dealer. Just keep in mind what I wrote above.

Good luck!

GT56E4

Old 02-10-2008, 09:18 PM

Also, with my dealer, since the brake lights were not the "latest" model released for the car, they replaced them again and denied my expense for repairs. My friend who worked in sales said that's how they avoided paying out peoples expenses and were able to charge additional service time and parts to Mercedes Corp. directly for the recall.

Was I upset? Of course because that's BS! I hope everyone else's experience getting a refund is better than mine. And my dealer "was" Benzel Busch Mercedes in Englewood, NJ!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:58 AM

OK, me again. Just called MB again today to see where my check is, because it hasn't magically showed up in the post. Still waiting...

Old 08-11-2012, 06:58 AM

I know it's been a few years but guess what? After doing EVERYTHING they specified, dealer inspection, all 7 repairs at MB dealer, submitted all paperwork, had latest versions on all replacements. No joy in seeing a refund from MB. It just never came. I called to follow up a couple times and was told it was being processed, in GERMANY and that I would have to wait it out. 4 years later. No joy no joy