Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

05 SLK350 Help with ?missing parts post repair... dealer or bodyshop's fault?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Default 05 SLK350 Help with ?missing parts post repair... dealer or bodyshop's fault?

Hi,

Long story short... got in a wreck with front end damage. Local dealorship does no body work so took it to the place they use for repair. $5200 of front end repair later (hood, headlight, front end, emblem, some engine bars) the car is taken directly to the dealership for Service B stuff.

Picking up the car from the dealership, they note that the car is missing the HOOD SEAL that attaches to the body all the way from the driver's side glass to the front of the engine, to the passenger side and back up. Also missing are the LIFT PADS front and back which apparently protect the car when it is lifted off the ground. Also missing are the FLOOR MATS.

Now, I know I had floor mats but I don't know about the other two parts. The shop says they weren't there when the car came in. The dealership says they are standard and should be there and someone took them off. I've taken my car to this same shop once before for some body work (not front end) and nowhere else. The shop has since found my FLOOR MATS. I'm meeting with the manager in the morning, but tell me, does your SLK350 have these parts? How can I prove mine did?

Chris

Old 09-06-2006, 03:22 AM
Default RE: 05 SLK350 Help with ?missing parts post repair... dealer or bodyshop's fault?

Lift Pads have to be removed to remove the plastic sill panels below the doors. Did the garage have to remove these? If so its possible the garage has misplaced thir part X 4. However if they did not move the panels I cannot think why anybody would want to "pinch" this component. Its basically just a lump of plastic to ensure the garage wheel free lift doesn't damage the sill panel. It transfer the load to the hidden metal structure below. You may have trouble getting this part but it shouldn't be expensive....but it is an MB!
Can't comment on the hood seal.
Stuart