Mercedes SL Class Mercedes SL500 and Mercedes SL600 Roadsters.

DANG-IT

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 09:37 AM
Default DANG-IT

I was at Road America Race Track this past weekend as a spectator, watching the vintage car racing. When I was leaving the circuit with my 1991 300SL I backed into a garbage dumpster/container and put a “BIG DENT” in my trunk lid and broke the tail light lens.
Also the flat panel where the trunk key lock is got slightly bent. The bumper is good…scratches only, but it will need paint. I need some advice. I do not have full-coverage insurance so I’d like to do some of the work myself.

Where can I buythe passenger-side tail light lens cheap?
Where could I find a Black trunk lid and is it easy to switch out?
What years and models will fit my 1991 R-129???[/ol]

Thanks

Dakrri ..... in Wisconsin

Old 05-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Default RE: DANG-IT

you poor thing [X(]I'd be sick. But you'll just have to bite the bulletand go on-line. do a search "mercedes parts" and you'll get a bunch to choose from. prices are about 190 smackers for a new lens. Always check for prices on-line before going to a dealer. Some parts are dealer only, but not these lens. Finding good used parts is really hard. Get an estimate for the repairs and max out your card or dip into savings, whatever it takes.It might not be all that much more togive the little beauty a whole new paint job if need...I'll say Dangnabit!