Mercedes SL Class Mercedes SL500 and Mercedes SL600 Roadsters.

2001 sl 500 soft top hydraulic

Old 09-18-2013, 07:34 AM
Angry 2001 sl 500 soft top hydraulic

Hello would anyone help me
I had leaking slowly around the sun visors. Both sides I did not know until one day while closing the soft top oil was pouring out from visors then top stopped working red control switch stayed on and sometimes flashing and beeping.
I search and found out that cylinders top latch leaked and replaced them checked trunk and reservoir completely empty for hydraulic guild. After replacing seals and refill reservoir, I tried to use the red switch but nothing seem to work and only a very quick click sound in the back and just once after starting up the car trying to use the switch.
I search again and disconnected the neg pole of battery for 8 hours came back reconnected negative pole again still nothing worked and level of hydraulic oil in the reservoir stayed the same ( like the pump is not pumpin). And more after reconnected neg pole back ABS light and the one next to the left of it came on.
Gave up this morning started car again and those ABS and next to it light gone and I tried to press the red switch it worked for few second lifted up the cover top for soft top then stopped again . Checked oil level in the back seemed some was pumped away I refilled I tried to press red switch again but no luck this time just heard cling noise in the back ( this clicking noise is now longer than the first time trying after replacing the seals). Turned off engine started again but red switch still on and trying to press it few times nothing happened
Would any one help me
Thank you very much
Andy