Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

Wuah! SHE Starts The Car! Jumpered Pump Relay!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Cool Wuah! SHE Starts The Car! Jumpered Pump Relay!

See this link to my previous post. I jumpered positions 7 and 8 on the fuel pump relay on my 420 SEL. The car started after sitting for three or four years. Before I did that I made sure that the crankshaft spun without abnormal resistance and had already taken off the valve covers to inspect the cam lobes which looked good. I had also put in a dab of high detergent treatment in the oil case and a little octane booster in the gas tank along with fresh gas where there was none before for the longest time. This was coupled with my treatment of die electric grease to all electrical components for continuity and oxidation reversal.

My question is now that if I soldiered the relay for positions 7 and 8 will this have a detrimental effect to the fuel pump? I saw on ebay where the date stamp on the relays sold were actually older than the one that I have so my thought is that the issue is elsewhere and that the relay resistance is reflective of that issue.

Thoughts appreciated.

Charlane

Old 09-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Default Where Is Everyone? Enthusiasts Vacationing With Working MBs?

Testing the fuel filter today to see if it has express. I am thinking that if there is blocking that this would burn out the pump and relay. It appears to be a domino effect. I will get a filter anyway but I do not want to run to the auto parts store each second. Thoughts?

Charlane