Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

Mercedes Stuck in AntiTheft Mode, Clicking noise coming from drivers side fendor

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Default Mercedes Stuck in AntiTheft Mode, Clicking noise coming from drivers side fendor

Hello... Yes I know that there are many topics that are having this problem... Although mine is quite abit different.

The Culprit is a 2001 S430.

I drove the car with no problems to the car battery store, everything was working perfect. Once the new battery was installed, everything went for the worse... the key that worked 10 minutes earlier will not function, the vehicle will not unlock, lock or trunkopen with it. I had to use the medal part of the key to unlock the door. Once i did that the car starting making a clicking noise clearly coming from somewhere from in the drivers side front fendor, blinkers were also flashing. When the door was opened, lights did not come on dash, radio will not turn on, lights on cieling will not either, doors wont suck in, also steering wheel isnt locked, very hard to turn, but not locked even when no key is inserted... I stick key into the ignition and nothing, it wont even turn... Ok its the battery right? well no, if i turn on the head lights they do come on, as well as the clucster light... Clock on cluster shows blank. well maybe the battery is almost dead right? no, i check with a digitalmeter 13.3v.

So now, i am for a loss, so i disconect the negative battery terminal, and the clicking continues... so i figure this is the alarm tring to go off, cause prob it has a backup battery... i left it overnight battery disconnected, and came in next morning and it was still clicking...

Try another key right? well i have one but i cant find it... i should mention that the key thati am currently using is only 5 months old and is the new chrome one.

Please help, i dont want to take to dealership, their diagnostic fee is $589.00 not including fixing it.

I appreciate your help,

Jason

Old 12-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Default RE: Mercedes Stuck in AntiTheft Mode, Clicking noise coming from drivers side fendor

sonunds like you have water in the car corrupting control units.. i know you said it happened after the battery was replaced but i would check for water under the hood by the fire wall passenger side. look into the black grille and down there and see if there is water. or pull up the carpet on the passenger side and look on the floor board to see if there is water there. if all is dry then maybe check the battery connections?