Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

Instrument Cluster - Warrany Extended by MB

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Default RE: Instrument Cluster - Warrany Extended by MB

Victor, I have a scanner at work I can scan the letter and email it or post it here tomorrow. The letter is from MB USA and is unlikely for MB worldwide, If you paid in Euros, I assume you are in Europe.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:31 AM

can you please e-mail the letter to vovchyk@list.ru

Much Thanks

Old 12-13-2006, 02:30 AM

Members...I got this letter, took my 01 S-500 to the dealership to see if they would provide me the upgrade. The MZB dealer shuttle was driving me back to work (after dropping the car off), the service guy radioed the shuttle driver and said "you can bring Mr. Gilmore back, there is nothing wrong with his iinstrument cluster, so he can pick his car up".

Needless to say, I went back. However, I was under the impression that the "cluster" would include the radio/navigation screen...Occassionally mine will not come on, after i start the car. However, I was told that was NOT a part of the "cluster". So, in typical "car dealer fashion", they found a reason not to provide me any service under the warranty.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:40 PM

ORIGINAL: II Kings 9:20

Victor, I have a scanner at work I can scan the letter and email it or post it here tomorrow. The letter is from MB USA and is unlikely for MB worldwide, If you paid in Euros, I assume you are in Europe.
Yes II Kings, I'm in Europe, but I do think that the copy of your letter might help. Thanks for your help. Please send it to my email: victor@aviationpilot.com
Regards,
Victor

Old 12-24-2006, 04:55 PM

I had my cluster replaced and had to take it back two times due to coding errors.
1st, Speedometer was 35 miles per hour off. 2nd, my Rad and Nav screens were off line. If they coded the system wrong, your rad and nav screen will malfunction.
If you are having probs with your cluster after the replacement, take it back to the stealorship where you had the work done, be adamant, and have them recode the system properly.

Old 12-26-2006, 01:52 PM

My cluster went out on a 2000 S500.

Warranty saved me $1400 repair.

Old 12-28-2006, 05:23 PM

called up glenndale mercedes benz dealer /rusnak jaguar (same owner Paul Rusnak) they said no such thing and they are not aware, can you post the letter on this forum so we can get a fare treatment/deal from these dealers?

Old 12-29-2006, 02:58 AM

That's why it's called a Stealorship instead of a Dealorship. Anyone who wants a copy of the Recall Letter, e-mail me at brettg1@verizon.net. I can email or fax you a copy. Let me know!!

Old 12-29-2006, 03:38 AM

I have a copy of the Cluster recall letter and the Cluster extended warranty letter. If you need copies, email me with an email add or fax number and I'll see you get what you need.

Oohrah!!

Old 01-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Default Instrument Cluster - Warrany Extended by MB

can you please e-mail the letter to mrcaniliv1973@yahoo.com

Thank You
2004 S430 pewter silver

Quick Reply: Instrument Cluster - Warrany Extended by MB