Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

1989 560SEL fuse box/fuse designation chart

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Default 1989 560SEL fuse box/fuse designation chart

Hi All,
In need of a fuse designation chart for 1989 560SEL. Ordered a manual on disk still hasn't arrived. I have no dash lights (illumination) or speedometer doesn't work. I do have all of the other lights along the bottom (SRS windshield fluid etc.) just no illumination on the guages. Any suggestions?

Old 10-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

is the main middle cord plugged in tight? how about the rpm gauge is it working at least?

If I recall correctly, i just had mine dash out but didnt unplug anything, earlier today. The warnign lights are separate bulbs each with wires. The eco guage is vacuum hose, the fuel gauge is a pig tail like wire. Then you have the plug for the clock, a plug for the rpm guage (probably answerd my own question), the lower middlesmall plug is the temperature display plug, then you have the mother board turn signal bulbs on each side no outer wires. The center wire for the speedo, and the connection for the mileage plug. The bulbs that light up the dash seem to be self contained (or maybe I over looked the the bulbs). They are two white covered plastci pieces on top of the speedo/tach unit that attaches to the unit by a about four clips each and terminate on the top at the crease where you can take the main board cover off and separate it from the rest of the unit. aka the pieces you separate if you wanted to get to the actual guages for various reasons.

In my experience when the fus blows for the speedo, the tach and couple of other guages dont work. I could be wrong as it was long time ago since I fixed that particular problem on a Euro spec W126 at that.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:26 AM

Hey
Thanks for the response. Yes the tach is still fine, everything else appears to work except te speedo and the illumination. Question: the two smaller bulbs next to the turn signal bulbs, are they the only illumination for the entire unit?
Now to the really important stuff. A moment of silence for your tail light on the W126, (in fairness we will allow 5 seconds of silence for the Edge too). If you have any trouble finding a lense let me know, I just found a parts yard here in West Palm Beach Florida that has alot of older model Benz, know there are your replacements relatively cheap. I paid 34USD for both fuel pumps (complete assembly),the relay and a complete set of Mercedes floor mats that were perfect. Let me know. Thanks for the info!
Tom