Mercedes M Class Mercedes ML350 and Mercedes ML500 SUV's.

Ml 320 crankshact pulley/harmonic balancer 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Default Ml 320 crankshact pulley/harmonic balancer 2

Hi new to forum but have had horrific problems with my beloved ML and I have had a complete lack of help from MB UK.

Basically last week in the pouring rain and darkness my car smelt of something burning , the battery lights came on and to my horror the power steering failed. I manged to stop the car and with the help of another driver got the car to safety. I was just about to join the A12 and if the steering had gone on the dual carraigeway it could have been catastrophic.

After 3 hours of being in rain AND darkness Transporter got us back to my home. The driver of the Transporter had knowledge of the car and told me that the Crankcase pulley had disintegrated!! Then he went onto help by explaining that this was a common fault and advised me to check in the morning with Mercedes.

He emailed me next morning details of the 2 faulty Pulleys and their part numbers. My Car , Engine and the Pulley were confirmed and that is when the nightmare continued. I had endured this traumatic breakdown and a call to local Mercedes was totally dismissed!! Next step calls and emails to MB UK Customer services.After 4 days a call but a complete denial of any problem known re Pulley/Harmonic Balancer. I was astounded as I had been sent the full Replacement Campaign details covering this faulty Pulley and the customer services denied all knowledge of this!!

I then provided photographic proof of the damaged Pulley including stamped part number as set out in the MB Bulletin , damage caused and vin number and registration number. A full copy of the Service bulletin showing the relevant recall/replacement details.

I am astounded the MB UK have denied everything relating to this Pulley/Harmonic Balancer problem and made no effort at customer relations. I now have my ML on the drive with Oil leaking and cannot afford the estimated costs.

I have searched everywhere for help with this matter and the forums have been invaluable we have a member on here (garymanders)who had similar problems in 2009 Thread Crankshaft pulley / harmonic balancer help!!! and he got much better treatment and I am trying to contact him as I have now exhausted myself over this and due to the total lack of concern and denials by MB UK I have lost my ML till such time as I can afford to have it repaired. I thank you in advance for any advice

Last edited by MLGIRL2; 11-04-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:39 AM
Default Help Please

Thanks for reading Thread ,

Does anyone have any further documents in relation to the replacement campaign covering the Crankshaft Pulley/Harmonic Balancer fitted to 1998-2002 vehicles with the A112 Engine Specific part Number A112.035.00.00

I am UK owner and suffered last week a Crankshaft Pulley Disintigration and having looked to MB UK for hrlp and Customer support I have been stone walled with a denial that any such fault exists with these pulleys!!!!

Can anyone help me?

Are there other Mercedes Benz Forums that may be better placed to help

Thank you