Mercedes M Class Mercedes ML350 and Mercedes ML500 SUV's.

** Need help ** - Electrical Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:12 PM
Default ** Need help ** - Electrical Problems?

Hi,

Long time reader... new poster

I have a 2002 ML320 that has just developed a new problem and I'm wondering if someone has had a similar problem and can provide some insight.

The other night after picking up a friend... the SRS light came on... My Radio started flickering on and off and the same with my headlights.. I began to lose power drastically and about 5 minutes later I find myself on the side of the road and the car wont start. After multiple attempts.. even the interior lights disappear. I immediately assumed there has to be an issue with the alternator.. and a gentleman offers to give me a jump. The car starts.. but immediately dies again 2-3 minutes after he disconnects.

The next day I replace the battery with a new one I bought from walmart. Voila.. it works.. I drive the car around for a bit.. (10-15 miles)... park it at home.. come our 2 hours.. later.. drive another 2-3 miles.. BOOM. SAME exact thing.

I'm thinking.. this has to be a faulty battery or something. I get another one.. voila.. it's fine again. Drive around for about 20 minutes and boom.. dead again. Battery is dead as a door **** again.

Should the car battery DRAIN in 20-30 minutes? I spoke to a repair technician on the phone and he mentioned that even if the alternator were bad.. the car wouldn't drain that quickly.

On a unrelated note (I hope).. the car has been misfiring on cylinder 1 (Code: P0301) for about a month. I replaced the spark plugs immediately after it started, but it's still misfiring..

I hope someone can provide some type of help here.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Default RE: ** Need help ** - Electrical Problems?

i would have the alternator checked. you might also replace the spark plug wires- i have seen a lot of them go bad causing misfire codes.