Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

for what it's worth

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Default for what it's worth

Interesting "situation". Previously I have posted about the lighting on my HVAC panel being out.

I stopped by my local dealer and he quoted a couple of hours time and $12 for the bulb. I thought that was pricy but it is annoying to not have it lit so I was planing to have it done soon.

The service rep said that it took a lot of "care" to ensure that the wood trim was not broken or chipped so I did not want to get into it myself.

Yesterday, on the way home I on a fluke stopped at an independent "beamer and benz" repair shop for a second opinion.

He estimated that it would be about $30 bucks and he could do it right then?? Wow, I though why not. The car was back in 2 minutes and 23 seconds and the bill was $26!

Actually, that's pretty good pay if you can get it but that's not the point. WTF is up with the dealer??

Come to find out once I looked a little closer all it takes to remove the Radio or the HVAC control is two (ok likely some secret MB tool) little keys and the whole unit slips out without touching the wood trim or anything else.

I suspect, I will likely NEVER go to my dealer again other than for picky little repacement parts. This sort of BS towards a customer is unconscionable and unacceptable.

TBT
2000 E320