Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

strange throttle response '95 E320

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Default strange throttle response '95 E320

New to theforums and new to MB ownership. Recently purchased a 95 E320. 114K, no 90K service yet.

On a pre-purchase inspection, mechanic identified 90K service w/ plug wires and new air filter may go a long way in cleaning up a rough idle the car has.

The car hunts for an idle in drive and is annoying in traffic. On a couple of occasions, in traffic on a hot day, I go to step on the gas and the RPMS dive, like its starving for fuel or air. I let off the accelerator and then try again, after a short delay, the RPM's come up and off I go.Out of traffic,engine runs smooth. Scary to experience this in Seattle traffic.
No hint of a check engine light.

Are these two issues related? What might be some things to do or check ASAP for the strange throttle response?

On a strange and unrelated note, my turn signals are intermittent, absolutely no consistencyor repeatable pattern in working/not working.

Thanks for the help!

Old 08-02-2007, 12:17 AM
Banned
Default RE: strange throttle response '95 E320

Run a obd test or have one done to check for stored codes.You might have code and no light.
check for leaks in the intake loose fittings in the tubes that go to the intake,also frayed wires or vacuum lines.Change the plugs yourself on your 6 banger L6 it is a piece of cake,same with the air filter diy...How does it idle while just sitting in your driveway,if fluctuating spray lightly some wd40 on the intake hoses,and listen for a change in idle at that point you have a leak.clean your injectors with techron injector cleaner.Clean the mass air sensor,plug wires unless yanked on are good for well more than 100k miles.going out of town off and on for the next week or so,pm me with your phone # im up in north of seattle and I can talk you thru it.Do the above maint items first,they need to be done anyway at 90000 and you don't know when they were done .Then well look at getting it on a scanner.could be O2 sensor or clogged egr valve but lets start with simple and move onto difficult if needed.
directionals dirty contact in the stalk or a switch going bad.
ohlord
"GOT CODES?"